Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
No red X but I gotta say fried ham with biscuits and gravy and a couple of eggs for the win!
Not sure why a red x would be needed... i love biscuits and gravy also... can't eat it but love it. Not a giant fan of ham.. BUt.. i eat 3-4 pork steaks a week.. LOVE pork steaks.

Need to order a few more parts... any recommendation on a coil for a small block with pertronix? I need to see if there is a way to mount it on a RPM intake.. don't wanna drill into my firewall..
Also.. does anyone make decent pre-cut plug wires? This is me being lazy and hating doing wires :)

Need to order a few more parts... any recommendation on a coil for a small block with pertronix? I need to see if there is a way to mount it on a RPM intake.. don't wanna drill into my firewall..
Also.. does anyone make decent pre-cut plug wires? This is me being lazy and hating doing wires :)
@halifaxhops

I can get 55K coils no issue. Mount should be easy need to see the manifold. Wires MSD has them pre made.

Taylor Made makes nice ignition wires. And, you can buy them in different colors.....

Hah! Gravy makes everything better!
yeah, bob evans makes awesome gravy.. they used to sell frozen biscuits and gravy and it was sooo good.. but no more :( My brother and i would go to evans restaurants and i would get biscuits and gravy a fruit bowl.mmm :)

I can get 55K coils no issue. Mount should be easy need to see the manifold. Wires MSD has them pre made.
Hmm.... well... i guess it would be hard to have MSD wires strand me on the side of the road... it may be the only thing MSD i would use :)

There are others out there also Accell etc..just make sure they are for electronic ign and open the plug gap also.

There are others out there also Accell etc..just make sure they are for electronic ign and open the plug gap also.
yeah.. just wanted to make sure there are none i should really avoid...

I need to run a switched 12v for my choke also... REALLY wanna run it off the coil since it's so close but know that's bad :)

Look at the wiring diagram. I would still fuse it. You do not want it constant just when it is running. Think the blue wire? @Mattax

Morning.

361381159_10160662304065821_9164446222477128115_n.jpg

yeah.. just wanted to make sure there are none i should really avoid...

I need to run a switched 12v for my choke also... REALLY wanna run it off the coil since it's so close but know that's bad :)
IMO, use a relay off the Alt. Switched off ignition hot....

Look at the wiring diagram. I would still fuse it. You do not want it constant just when it is running. Think the blue wire? @Mattax
Something I should check into as well. I have my choke hooked into the hot side of the ballast.

Something I should check into as well. I have my choke hooked into the hot side of the ballast.
has it been running fine? One thing i was curious about is on electric chokes, once the choke is fully open do they stop drawing power?

has it been running fine? One thing i was curious about is on electric chokes, once the choke is fully open do they stop drawing power?
It has been running fine for years. I wondered that myself about the power shutting off. I should warm mine up and unplug the choke to see if it get's enough heat to stay open without power.

-
Back