Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Thought we dumped a bazillion terradollars into "infrastructure"?

Yikes
Just raise the gas tax till its the highest in the country. Oh, wait -already is... :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
I see some POOR SOUL in LA hit the lottery.
Someone in PA won 2 Million
Good morning guys. I don't know much. Looks like rain went south again. Really night light show though.
We had a gully washer about 8PM. Knocked the power out at work just long enough to trip a few of the main systems.
is this English? the only thing i understood is the antenna I have on my roof could be good for something
ITinglish

Good Morning

Good morning.

So yesterday, I had a long conversation with the bank I have been approved with for our house for quite some time. The lady, been a mortgage officer per her claims of nearly 30 years, spent an hour trying to explain to me why I needed to double my budget target, which would put my monthly payment at over 5k!! I was like no. She goes “most of this is interest, once they go back down to 2020 levels again, you’ll be able to refinance and cut that payment by 2/3rds and have a much more affordable payment”. And I said, and that’s not gonna happen anytime soon, she goes “well historically it’s still not a bad rate and everyone your age is doing it cause they know they can suffer through for a year or so at those rates and then refinance and saving a ton of money while having a house twice the value or more”.

I got up and left. Decided I’m done with that bank. It’s like they’re deliberately deceiving people into taking on way more than they can afford at the promise of one day having lower rates that they can refi for. Knowing full well that there is no guarantee those rates will fall.

Good morning.

So yesterday, I had a long conversation with the bank I have been approved with for our house for quite some time. The lady, been a mortgage officer per her claims of nearly 30 years, spent an hour trying to explain to me why I needed to double my budget target, which would put my monthly payment at over 5k!! I was like no. She goes “most of this is interest, once they go back down to 2020 levels again, you’ll be able to refinance and cut that payment by 2/3rds and have a much more affordable payment”. And I said, and that’s not gonna happen anytime soon, she goes “well historically it’s still not a bad rate and everyone your age is doing it cause they know they can suffer through for a year or so at those rates and then refinance and saving a ton of money while having a house twice the value or more”.

I got up and left. Decided I’m done with that bank. It’s like they’re deliberately deceiving people into taking on way more than they can afford at the promise of one day having lower rates that they can refi for. Knowing full well that there is no guarantee those rates wilchickens!
Good.... that's predatory lending

Thanks again to all y’all for the thoughts and prayers around our daughter. She walked yesterday unassisted. That is a huge first step (pun intended). She is making remarkable progress. Thanks again you guys!
Great news and prayers continue

So a technical question to all you that work on modern cars. @Tooljunkie @MOPARMITCH @toolmanmike and any of you others that are knowledgeable on modern diagnostics. My 2015 scat pack 6.4 Challenger is throwing a ABS service fault code. The car drives fine and brakes hard fine but the fault will not allow me to set the cruise control. And the code does not always appear, sometimes there sometimes not. I can literally shut off engine with it on and restart and it is gone? We are getting ready to drive it up to Cleveland for boys wedding and cruise control sure does help. Can I simply disconnect battery for a hard electronic reset? Or is that naive?

So a technical question to all you that work on modern cars. @Tooljunkie @MOPARMITCH @toolmanmike and any of you others that are knowledgeable on modern diagnostics. My 2015 scat pack 6.4 Challenger is throwing a ABS service fault code. The car drives fine and brakes hard fine but the fault will not allow me to set the cruise control. And the code does not always appear, sometimes there sometimes not. I can literally shut off engine with it on and restart and it is gone? We are getting ready to drive it up to Cleveland for boys wedding and cruise control sure does help. Can I simply disconnect battery for a hard electronic reset? Or is that naive?
John. You should check t with a scanner that can read ABS codes to identify the issue. If you dont have a high end scanner than you can get someone else to check it for you. You need a starting point...

Thanks again to all y’all for the thoughts and prayers around our daughter. She walked yesterday unassisted. That is a huge first step (pun intended). She is making remarkable progress. Thanks again you guys!
That's awesome news John!

John. You should check t with a scanner that can read ABS codes to identify the issue. If you dont have a high end scanner than you can get someone else to check it for you. You need a starting point...
I do not have a scanner. When I went in to local garage(s) they are all two weeks out for appts. How much is a high end type scanner?any suggestions on which one? Thanks Mitch!

Yeah, Chris, That used to be the case with mortgage rates........................I don't see them dropping ANYTIME soon and people who think that way are going to be stuck and way in over their heads. Good choice.

I was getting an ABS code on the Cadillac. It was the sensor by the brake pads - wire broke. It was limiting allowed driving speed.

Often times just a wheel speed sensor. Like Mitch mentioned, you need a decent scan tool to check it out.

I was getting an ABS code on the Cadillac. It was the sensor by the brake pads - wire broke. It was limiting allowed driving speed.
Driving home from hospital this week I can assure you the fault does not limit driving speed! Hah! I will check sensors this morning for loose broken stuff! Thanks Eric!

$1-200 might not get you ABS coverage. I have a Innova in that price range that works well but it is far from full featured. I tried to energise my vapor canister vent solenoid yesterday and couldn't. :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

I see the lower priced models do retrieve ABS codes but don't allow ABS brake bleeding.

-
Back