Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Are there pictures?
I mostly leave that to others. Just enough to document what was done - especially since today I was the clean up crew - put eveything away that was left out and finish putting the door and locks on. I'm the only one staying in the park - didn't plan to tonight but dinner and shower was priority over driving back to west philly. Camara is still in the car - deal with it tommorrow when I have better internet.

Nighty night boys and one girl. I am going to bed early and heading to Camp Perry tomorrow! Woo Hoo! That is the Mecca in our world. See all y’all next week!
You're going to get a call from me. Might be from my cell phone.
Didn't know you were still playing in that game.
I missed the local match this passed weekend. Too much work. Bahh.
Missed volleyball too. Boo.

I mostly leave that to others. Just enough to document what was done - especially since today I was the clean up crew - put eveything away that was left out and finish putting the door and locks on. I'm the only one staying in the park - didn't plan to tonight but dinner and shower was priority over driving back to west philly. Camara is still in the car - deal with it tommorrow when I have better internet.
I’m assuming your power was restored from the storms yesterday?

I’m assuming yiur power was restored from the storms yesterday?
ABout 2 pm this afternoon I was told. I ate breakfast in town. Figured was going to be a long day, and not having either coffee or tea to start wasn't going to be good. The place opens at 6 AM so just enough time to make it work.

ABout 2 pm this afternoon I was told. I ate breakfast in town. Figured was going to be a long day, and not having either coffee or tea to start wasn't going to be good. The place opens at 6 AM so just enough time to make it work.
I don’t blame you. I couldn’t start my day without coffee. I’d be on a hunt for it.

I don’t blame you. I couldn’t start my day without coffee. I’d be on a hunt for it.
I hear ya. I've been in that boat. Knowing this life style, I keep my caffine to minimum for situations like this, but I still like to have at least one cup of something in the morning if I can. Maybe I'll add my MSR stove to the stuff I pack!

I hear ya. I've been in that boat. Knowing this life style, I keep my caffine to minimum for situations like this, but I still like to have at least one cup of something in the morning if I can. Maybe I'll add my MSR stove to the stuff I pack!

No open fires on the grounds huh?

I always enjoyed coffee in a perc pot when I camped. It tasted so good in the morning

Hopefully it is st the usual place your FedEx items come from.
I hope the Fed Ex guy can find my house I've never had luck with the guy he just drops my stuff off at different houses all the time. Lucky me I have good people that live in town bring them to me.

I hope the Fed Ex guy can find my house I've never had luck with the guy he just drops my stuff off at different houses all the time. Lucky me I have good people that live in town bring them to me.
Thank goodness you do. I hate when they can’t take the time to find the right house. It seems a lot of corners are being cut lately and packages get lost or miss delivered

Get into their tracking system and sign up for notifications. They should take.a photo of the item and send it to you

Thank goodness you do. I hate when they can’t take the time to find the right house. It seems a lot of corners are being cut lately and packages get lost or miss delivered
and easy to use a cell phone and get the right address I can even do that.

Get into their tracking system and sign up for notifications. They should take.a photo of the item and send it to you

Like this

Screenshot_20230726_213804_Brave.jpg

:lol: It doesn’t take a rocket scientist with today’s technology
Well I still have problems with computers but it's because I don't wan't to more than I can't.
I guess it's because of my stubborn old ways. And a bit of senile. :thumbsup:

No open fires on the grounds huh?
Not up by the house. Actually hardly anywhere these days. The one building they still have set up for open hearth cooking, hardly anyone does. Yea. There was a time that you (staff and volunteers) could almost always count on food and certainly could get some hot water for whatever if you stopped by.

Well I still have problems with computers but it's because I don't wan't to more than I can't.
I guess it's because of my stubborn old ways. And a bit of senile. :thumbsup:
Ok that’s understandable and I can’t blame you. I use them out of necessity. But fed ex drivers have no excuse. They should be well versed

Not up by the house. Actually hardly anywhere these days. The one building they still have set up for open hearth cooking, hardly anyone does. Yea. There was a time that you (staff and volunteers) could almost always count on food and certainly could get some hot water for whatever if you stopped by.

Harper's Ferry was good about having food going up at the Harper House... Fort.McHenry used combat caterers... Visitors are usually amazed at company or platoon mess

Ok that’s understandable and I can’t blame you. I use them out of necessity. But fed ex drivers have no excuse. They should be well versed
They should and called them about it but they do nothing.
Maybe I'll get lucky and they have a new driver with some brains.

You should experience the fun of getting deliveries to an address in a defunct zip code. Oddly, one of the pacakge services, I think it was UPS, always delivered, and the other Fed Ex always 'got lost' or some other excuse. And yes it wasa an areas with spotty cell phone service but we thought it was the drivers. Our mail carrier was totally cool.

It’s a shame no one really does anymore. Open hearth cooking is so enjoyable
I don't know what has happened. I was away for a long time. I thought that was one of the fun parts of the job. Plus you could cook a meal while you were working even if you have to bring your own food to cook. Times change. People change.

-
Back