Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I don't know what has happened. I was away for a long time. I thought that was one of the fun parts of the job. Plus you could cook a meal while you were working even if you have to bring your own food to cook. Times change. People change.
Simplicity is lost nowadays. We live in an instantaneous society

You should experience the fun of getting deliveries to an address in a defunct zip code. Oddly, one of the pacakge services, I think it was UPS, always delivered, and the other Fed Ex always 'got lost' or some other excuse. And yes it wasa an areas with spotty cell phone service but we thought it was the drivers. Our mail carrier was totally cool.
I can understand spotty cell phone service but I can't understand how anyone could get lost in a town like mine that has a total of 85 people living here and has street signs everyware.
Real small town here. lol

I hope the Fed Ex guy can find my house I've never had luck with the guy he just drops my stuff off at different houses all the time. Lucky me I have good people that live in town bring them to me.
I’ve had a few times I think Fed Ex either delivered my stuff somewhere else or someone elses to me at random just to get it off the truck and finish for the day.

I’ve had a few times I think Fed Ex either delivered my stuff somewhere else or someone elses to me at random just to get it off the truck and finish for the day.
I think that's what happens around here as well. Good point Kieth.

I don't know what has happened. I was away for a long time. I thought that was one of the fun parts of the job. Plus you could cook a meal while you were working even if you have to bring your own food to cook. Times change. People change.

I recall having a big crowd gather as we buried a side of beef to cook for the day. They were stunned...

My daughter added another reserve grand to her haul this year. Tomorrow, she has a shot at 3 more. We shall see. Totally surprised at how well she’s doing as a rookie.

1690433492259.png

Morning well kinda still dark outside but bladder starts the day so let's drink some coffee. Nothing to report another hot day 105 is the guess.

How are you this morning
Up too early as usual drinking a hot cup waiting on my granddaughter to come rolling in and then take her to camp about 7ish. Her Mom works an hour away so I'm the uber but we enjoy the time with her. They move this fall closer to Mom's work. She's a Nurse Practitioner and is the OR manager for a hospital.

Up too early as usual drinking a hot cup waiting on my granddaughter to come rolling in and then take her to camp about 7ish. Her Mom works an hour away so I'm the uber but we enjoy the time with her. They move this fall closer to Mom's work. She's a Nurse Practitioner and is the OR manager for a hospital.
That’s great that you are able to help out. When my kids were younger my parents were near by and they would jump in when needed. That’s a great job for your daughter. I’m sure it keeps her days very busy.

My parents are near some of theirs but then there are others that live down south. They don’t get to see them as much as they would like.

It’s nice being close to your grandkids. I have 3 but they are not close at all, Fargo, ND.
This one 10 years old has a really close relationship with us. We basically raised her the past five years while my daughter worked 12 hour shifts and completed her Doctorate program. They'll move in a few months better for Mom but we'll miss the kid. We'll work it out meet halfway for a weekend pickup is only a 20 minute drive. Next summer during the Junior Golf season she'll be here Tuesday through Friday for seven weeks.

-
Back