Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well we just got home from an afternoon of doctors and surgeons. Is it a bad sign when the Surgeon looks at the X-ray and laughs? He did say we were saving some serious cash today, as after looking at the X ray there was simply no point in doing an MRI! Hah! He explained the condition of my shoulder in high dollar surgeon terms, Son this thing is junk, she is just plain ole wore out. Shoulder replacement is second week September. Arghh

It could use a little spiffing up here on the barrel. A little fine steel wool and some 3 in 1 oil?

View attachment 1716122674
Mike I wouldn’t even hit it with the steel wool. Soft cloth and some elbow grease with oil of your choice. The rifle is family, even fine steel wool will betray your efforts and make it look altered to a degree. Kind of like a nice patina on a fender. Gives it character!

Well we just got home from an afternoon of doctors and surgeons. Is it a bad sign when the Surgeon looks at the X-ray and laughs? He did say we were saving some serious cash today, as after looking at the X ray there was simply no point in doing an MRI! Hah! He explained the condition of my shoulder in high dollar surgeon terms, Son this thing is junk, she is just plain ole wore out. Shoulder replacement is second week September. Arghh

I'm assuming it's yer shootin' arm?

Mike I wouldn’t even hit it with the steel wool. Soft cloth and some elbow grease with oil of your choice. The rifle is family, even fine steel wool will betray your efforts and make it look altered to a degree. Kind of like a nice patina on a fender. Gives it character!

Yeah... no steel wool on the bluing.

Sorry to hear John that's not good news.

So, reading that it is possible the steering column tube isn't centered. That is what the 2 bolts and plate are for on the fire wall. The 3 bolt plate also. So maybe just needs an adjustment

After my knee surgery my doctor said "If we had done a replacement, it would have taken half the time and been so much easier than what we had to do. I had to have my assisting surgeon help to pull it back together so I could re-attach that muscle." :lol:

After my knee surgery my doctor said "If we had done a replacement, it would have taken half the time and been so much easier than what we had to do. I had to have my assisting surgeon help to pull it back together so I could re-attach that muscle." :lol:
Funny, they said the same thing in when I was 21 and tore mine all to hell

So, reading that it is possible the steering column tube isn't centered. That is what the 2 bolts and plate are for on the fire wall. The 3 bolt plate also. So maybe just needs an adjustment
I didn't know that thanks.

We can’t place an exact cause of the slow returning break pedal. It hangs up for a second or 2 before releasing. The car is not pulling left or right. The breaks are not hot. You can feel the breaks stay engaged when hitting the gas before the pedal releases but all of them stay engaged. There are disk breaks on the front and drums on the rear. The master cylinder that is in the car is a used master cylinder that the previous owner had pulled from a junkyard from a newer vehicle. I am wondering if there is something else to check or do I just replace the master cylinder.

We can’t place an exact cause of the slow returning break pedal. It hangs up for a second or 2 before releasing. The car is not pulling left or right. The breaks are not hot. You can feel the breaks stay engaged when hitting the gas before the pedal releases but all of them stay engaged. There are disk breaks on the front and drums on the rear. The master cylinder that is in the car is a used master cylinder that the previous owner had pulled from a junkyard from a newer vehicle. I am wondering if there is something else to check or do I just replace the master cylinder.
Try bleeding them. You may have air in the lines

Could the break peddle be sticking because the return spring is broken or the bushings in the peddle are bad, or both?

-
Back