Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well the old lacquer paints were user friendly and easy to repair.
I haven't done a full paint since forever.
From what I have been reading the new so call lacquer paints look like a headache.
My 66 is lacquer....easy to paint...VERY for giving....

Actually I'm thinking of doing the Valiant in Lacquer.
Love the old Lacquer days was easy. You can do the new base color and base clear over that then sand and clear coat with the new clears.
Also a good one is to paint the color on then clear coat and after it's dry sand it re clear coat but the first coat of clear add a bit of base color on the first coat then 2 coats of just clear over that. Really brightens the color up.

Love the old Lacquer days was easy. You can do the new base color and base clear over that then sand and clear coat with the new clears.
Also a good one is to paint the color on then clear coat and after it's dry sand it re clear coat but the first coat of clear add a bit of base color on the first coat then 2 coats of just clear over that. Really brightens the color up.

I ended up doing 2 coats of epoxy primer, 2 coats of base and 2 coats of gloss ....

For my first time out it was OK enough. Kinda like my welding

Busy day in the shops here today a lot going on!!
Sorry all I did was play some golf with my favorite golf buddy...Cheryl. :thumbsup:
She shoot an 88 and I hit 76. A good day with a 20-mph wind.

I ended up doing 2 coats of epoxy primer, 2 coats of base and 2 coats of gloss ....

For my first time out it was OK enough. Kinda like my welding
I'm sure it looks way better than it did. You could have had someone else do it but I personally like doing as much as I can and just the learning experience and gratification is a reword.

Thanks Craig. I think the black wires will look good with the black valve covers
I agree ok maybe gray but still look good.

IMG_1741.JPG

I checked out the new rims. They fit well. I worked on the breaks this afternoon and hopefully the problem is fixed. We pulled the check valve on the booster and cleaned that out. I took it for a drive and it didn’t seem to be hanging up. So fingers crossed that is all it was. If not then I’ll replace the whole booster.

View attachment 1716124090

View attachment 1716124091

View attachment 1716124092

View attachment 1716124093
Look like what Wheel Vintiques call "Cop Wheels". Untill the very recent past they had a wide variety of sizes for the Cop Wheels, but their catalog has shrunk considerably here recently :BangHead::(

-
Back