Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Man guy, I am just catching up as I had to do the nightly run with the Mal. I don’t run her at night for a bit she will create chaos in the house. Your wife must be a Saint. Tell her we think she should wear a cape and a big S or at least a magic lasso. Glad she stayed calm and got stuff done. Most folks just panic and run. She’s a keeper. We will burn sage for your family and the neighbor. Just heart breaking.

Ok I also have an oilpan queston if anyone can help me . would this oil pan fit an A-body with big block .

View attachment 1716128277
IDK Normally they are center sump in an A-body.
I only recall seeing pass through holes for the center link on Small blocks that wanted to run a deep pan. Generally a drag racing only type setup.

Thanks Ted, I needed that.

20230815_183926.jpg

I only recall seeing pass through holes for the center link on Small blocks that wanted to run a deep pan. Generally a drag racing only type setup.
It's 440 in a duster drag race only. Thanks Mattax

It's 440 in a duster drag race only. Thanks Mattax
This is the pan that was on the dart. It is a pass through. I am not going with pass through on the new one

FDD2060B74BB4F44820ABA6012710F40.jpeg

602932C843BC42D88B1250E371155896.jpeg

so fred last i was reading you were working on a rusty pick up for a friend.
Yes starting on it next week should be interesting trying to save as much of the original truck as I can but not much other than the running gear that's good. Not restoring it just getting it drivable.

I guess I'm stupid. I see the intake being held off but where is it hitting?
The underneath side of the intake. It rocks back and forth, looks like the center most fin contacts the bottom of the intake

Hey y'all.
I know I'm new here and all, but life changed yesterday for my wife and I and so much so for our friend and neighbor. He's 77 and yesterday he lost everything.
Careful please of sparks and cigarettes. His ashtray OUTSIDE caught fire.
My wife was in the kitchen at his place when she smelled smoke. She went to the door to go see wtf and was greated with a wall of fire and smoke. By the time she ran to the living room and grabbed him and a wheelchair and hauled *** out the front door down the stairs she was chased by the flames.
Total loss. His entire life and that of his late parents, gone in an instant. Pension not enough to keep up insurance.
He now lives with us.
Stage 4 pancreatic. Doesn't have long left and now has nothing.
Please, be careful and take care.

View attachment 1716128249

View attachment 1716128251
Prayers and you’re good people

I agree this is a good group of people here. I am off to bed. I have barely been sleeping and it is catching up to me. Goodnight all.

The underneath side of the intake. It rocks back and forth, looks like the center most fin contacts the bottom of the intake
I wonder how much would need to be ground? It looks like it's held off a good bit.

I wonder how much would need to be ground? It looks like it's held off a good bit.
It’s about 1/8 inch when balanced but in this shot , it’s off balance. Kind of teeter tottering on that fin

It’s about 1/8 inch when balanced but in this shot , it’s off balance. Kind of teeter tottering on that fin
Gotchya. Can you measure how thick the valley cover is to the top of one of the fins? Last thing you want is to grind through it.

Im thinking of putting the thin valley cover on and then using a bit of play dough and bolting it down to see how much clearance there is with that one and then deciding from there.

While new, that plate is 200 bucks, I paid 40 for it at the Nats, so it’s not gonna make me cry to grind on it

Hey y'all.
I know I'm new here and all, but life changed yesterday for my wife and I and so much so for our friend and neighbor. He's 77 and yesterday he lost everything.
Careful please of sparks and cigarettes. His ashtray OUTSIDE caught fire.
My wife was in the kitchen at his place when she smelled smoke. She went to the door to go see wtf and was greated with a wall of fire and smoke. By the time she ran to the living room and grabbed him and a wheelchair and hauled *** out the front door down the stairs she was chased by the flames.
Total loss. His entire life and that of his late parents, gone in an instant. Pension not enough to keep up insurance.
He now lives with us.
Stage 4 pancreatic. Doesn't have long left and now has nothing.
Please, be careful and take care.

View attachment 1716128249

View attachment 1716128251
genuflectII.jpg

-
Back