Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
They all look good Thanks Mike.
I know reds hold up better for potato salad, fries and country (cubed) potatoes. They hold their shape if they are sliced or cubed. Whites are better for baked,mashes, or soups.

@Mattax When you mess with the transfer slot do you do anything with the slot or do you just adjust the idle speed so the butterfly is mid slot and then adjust the rest with timing and idle mixture screws? I have never paid attention. (it must have been AJ's mile long posts) LOL
If the slots are normal (old Holley) I do what I advised in some other threads.
If I've been running the carb, I measure the primary transfer slot exposure under the throttle plates first.
Unlike A/J I'm not a beleiver in rigid formulas
I just want them to be in the range of .020 - .040"

Then I write down how many 1/4 turns in of the idle speed screw from just touching gets .020, 030, and .040.
That way I can touch the idle speed screw and always have a couple reference points. If I get off track, I can bring it back into range.

There are, or were, some guys on RFS forum who ran set screws in from the bottom of the plate to reduce overly long transfer slots. This seems to be a problem on a lot of newer Holley style carbs.

Shout out to Hoppy and his wife Marylin for open their home to me overnight and feeding me her home made Eggplant Parm.
I don't understand why Hoppy doesn't weigh 300 lb,

Maybe one reason I'm more willing to mess around with the idile throttle position is that I usually know the advance curve.
Remember in some thread I told the person not to adjust the timing too much in his first test? I could do that because there was enough info about the advance that I knew it would be dog off-idle.

I know reds hold up better for potato salad, fries and country (cubed) potatoes. They hold their shape if they are sliced or cubed. Whites are better for baked,mashes, or soups.
Good to know because I didn't know. Learn something new every day. :thumbsup:

Shout out to Hoppy and his wife Marylin for open their home to me overnight and feeding me her home made Eggplant Parm.
Sounds great. Glad you were up for the trip.

OK. I better work on dinner myself. Looks like I may have to hit the road and work on Monday...

Hoppy and his wife sound like good people and hope to meet up with you all soon.

Sounds great. Glad you were up for the trip.

OK. I better work on dinner myself. Looks like I may have to hit the road and work on Monday...
Speaking of supper, I took the Swinger over to the storage garage and stopped at PaPa Murphy's for a pizza. Got home and took a shower, came down stairs and was unwrapping the pizza and the doorbell rang. Lauren ordered a pizza. I guess we will have Pizza Hut instead. :BangHead: :rofl: :rofl:

the lugs on mine are miles from the engine, the problem is one of the header tubes sort of goes under the starter and the original starters kind of sit higher than the minis and i would have to bash the tube literally in half to make it work. just gonna wait for the big starters..

Starting to really think bout eating 10k to sell this thing.. i am really not enjoying it (or 'm in a bad mood...) The seat thing has me beyond mad.
I understand, we all get to that point at one time or another, stand back away for a day or 3, I have felt the same way a few times

So.. kept reading how mini starters would have the power lug right on the block... ordered a delco and the connector is like 3" from the block.. whoo hoo! put the header in today and the starter won't fit with the header... just ordered a old school starter, was hoping to never hear that sound again :(
Hops is correct.
In fact, see if the adaptor on it is needed at all.

1696115465031.png

1696115382785.png

1696115486817.png

Well, I wondered and then realized I wasn't on the last calendar...today is my birthday!!
We went out played golf with a late bk followed by some pool time. It's friggin 92 here today.
Home nothing special planned watching football with my best friend (Cheryl) and starting on toddy one...Woodford Reserve and cubes.
I'm grateful the past year for having good health (losing 45 pounds), and you all as friends!! Thanks!!
Happy birthday, anyone ever call you power play ?

Speaking of supper, I took the Swinger over to the storage garage and stopped at PaPa Murphy's for a pizza. Got home and took a shower, came down stairs and was unwrapping the pizza and the doorbell rang. Lauren ordered a pizza. I guess we will have Pizza Hut instead. :BangHead: :rofl: :rofl:
Save some room in case you want some pie for dessert also.:poke::lol:

I don't know I just came back from Carlisle in the F250
It has 267 k on the od and still kicking.
Haha this damn thing my brother picked out. It is a 1979 Ford 9000 L series grain truck. Triaxle and it’s been the biggest piece of **** we’ve ever had on this farm

We also meet Steph. And her Husband, Nice guy for a Chevy owner:poke:
I'm sure over time we will bring him over to our side. Nice young man in their so Wyatt also.
Maybe one day we can convince him to buy a mopar for himself. He’s stubborn though. Wyatt enjoyed hearing the stories

-
Back