Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Going in for a little tlc.

Resized_20231010_145627.jpeg

They just took down the field next door, 40 acres. There is 140 acres of corn across the street not ready yet.

They just took down the field next door, 40 acres. There is 140 acres of corn across the street not ready yet.
We have quit a bit of corn still standing. A few bean fields are still there too. This 3 days of rain showers will slow the guys down.

Me too. Our rural area is like what America was like 40 years ago. Wave at your neighbor, let people in at the intersections, just a level of graciousness missing in the city only 10 miles away!

Made it home with the trailer. 18 foot car hauler. Now that’s more like it. Pulls pretty good too. Now i need to find a winch.

Me too. Our rural area is like what America was like 40 years ago. Wave at your neighbor, let people in at the intersections, just a level of graciousness missing in the city only 10 miles away!
Same here but the big city is 200 miles away I think.

Made it home with the trailer. 18 foot car hauler. Now that’s more like it. Pulls pretty good too. Now i need to find a winch.
Not cheap for a new Trailor I bet. Need to get me a 20' enclosed trailer and around 10 grand for a new one.

Just gave a tour and instructions to a local troubled teen that I am paying to house/dog sit for me this weekend. Jodi is still in Cleveland and I have to go to Little Rock and teach some Church Security Team members. Technically just renewing their creds. The legislation is written in such a way that they have to renew and continue to certify. Basically they have to shoot the exact same pistol quals as our LEOs. The kid that is going to spend weekend reminds me a lot of myself. He got sideways with his family and moved out early. He now lives with his granny and makes his own way. I moved out at 15 and never looked back, I understand. The kid is not afraid to work. He helps me on the farm doing brute manual labor type stuff. He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer but if you are slow and methodically demonstrate what you want done he will darn sure do it. His work ethic is amazing. He is not afraid to say whatever he is thinking and settles disagreements with his body. A bit of a hothead. For whatever reason we hit it off and Jodi has quasi adopted him. I told him if he makes a poor decision and gets into my liquor cabinet, don’t make a worse decision by adding water to the bottle trying to fool me. Hopefully it all works out.
Sounds like my childhood.

No I haven’t. I’ve been in PA all my life.
You just remind me of a gal I worked with in Washington back then.
She loved old cars and was like you red head and a Stephonie with a great sense of humor.
She and my wife were good friends.

You just remind me of a gal I worked with in Washington back then.
She loved old cars and was like you red head and a Stephonie with a great sense of humor.
She and my wife were good friends.
I take that as a compliment. Thanks :) I find that for the most part people who are truly into old cars seem to be good people. (There are exceptions of course)

Beef and broccoli and fried rice. I did have some egg drop soup. Not too bad but I am no Mrs. Mitch.

20231012_192316.jpg

My new Haloween mask. I have another one I will try on in a jiffy.

20231012_200640.jpg

-
Back