Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I was talking to Kimmie about wanting a better trailer to drag cars around. She found one, made the deal and i guess we are going to pick it up this evening. Will sell my old trailer, so i can buy a decent winch and battery for it.

How about some happy news?. Been pretty busy in the shop doing stuff. I have had the tag for my Harley for over a week. Checked out a few things this morning to be sure everything was ready to go. Took a ride out around noon, just came back at 3:30 p.m. fueled it up for the first time. Drove about 45 miles today, only on back roads. Stopping occasionally. Had fun. About 75° today and sunny. Not sure how much longer that will last. Kkkkkkkkkk

Torque box almost restructured. No way i was cutting out the whole thing, and how long for a new one? It will be just fine.

How about some happy news?. Been pretty busy in the shop doing stuff. I have had the tag for my Harley for over a week. Checked out a few things this morning to be sure everything was ready to go. Took a ride out around noon, just came back at 3:30 p.m. fueled it up for the first time. Drove about 45 miles today, only on back roads. Stopping occasionally. Had fun. About 75° today and sunny. Not sure how much longer that will last. Kkkkkkkkkk
How Did Chin do?

IMG_3886.jpeg

IMG_3891.jpeg

IMG_3894.jpeg

IMG_3893.jpeg

IMG_3895.jpeg

IMG_3898.jpeg
Back home now for the day. It was a bittersweet day for my father in law. He was happy to give it over to my husband but he was sad to see it go. He knows that’s another chapter closed in his life.
The chevelle will have to slum it for the Winter in the carport. :lol:

View attachment 1716153036

View attachment 1716153037

View attachment 1716153039

View attachment 1716153038

View attachment 1716153040

View attachment 1716153041
Back home now for the day. It was a bittersweet day for my father in law. He was happy to give it over to my husband but he was sad to see it go. He knows that’s another chapter closed in his life.
Damn I can see why the Chevelle got booted out of the garage. Sweet like really sweet ride.

Yes but at least it goes to a good home and not some museum

Was also going to say seeing your father-in-law gave up his car to his son I bet it was sad and sweet moment. I'll be there soon enough but I want to do it like him I'm still alive and want to see my kids enjoy what I give them not be dead and have no idea.

Looks like my son roped me into going to Fargo N.D on Sunday as there is a car show, burn out and drifting competition.
Will be at the track so should be fun.

Just gave a tour and instructions to a local troubled teen that I am paying to house/dog sit for me this weekend. Jodi is still in Cleveland and I have to go to Little Rock and teach some Church Security Team members. Technically just renewing their creds. The legislation is written in such a way that they have to renew and continue to certify. Basically they have to shoot the exact same pistol quals as our LEOs. The kid that is going to spend weekend reminds me a lot of myself. He got sideways with his family and moved out early. He now lives with his granny and makes his own way. I moved out at 15 and never looked back, I understand. The kid is not afraid to work. He helps me on the farm doing brute manual labor type stuff. He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer but if you are slow and methodically demonstrate what you want done he will darn sure do it. His work ethic is amazing. He is not afraid to say whatever he is thinking and settles disagreements with his body. A bit of a hothead. For whatever reason we hit it off and Jodi has quasi adopted him. I told him if he makes a poor decision and gets into my liquor cabinet, don’t make a worse decision by adding water to the bottle trying to fool me. Hopefully it all works out.

Just gave a tour and instructions to a local troubled teen that I am paying to house/dog sit for me this weekend. Jodi is still in Cleveland and I have to go to Little Rock and teach some Church Security Team members. Technically just renewing their creds. The legislation is written in such a way that they have to renew and continue to certify. Basically they have to shoot the exact same pistol quals as our LEOs. The kid that is going to spend weekend reminds me a lot of myself. He got sideways with his family and moved out early. He now lives with his granny and makes his own way. I moved out at 15 and never looked back, I understand. The kid is not afraid to work. He helps me on the farm doing brute manual labor type stuff. He is not the sharpest knife in the drawer but if you are slow and methodically demonstrate what you want done he will darn sure do it. His work ethic is amazing. He is not afraid to say whatever he is thinking and settles disagreements with his body. A bit of a hothead. For whatever reason we hit it off and Jodi has quasi adopted him. I told him if he makes a poor decision and gets into my liquor cabinet, don’t make a worse decision by adding water to the bottle trying to fool me. Hopefully it all works out.
As always your a good man. :thumbsup:

You are a very good man.

Good for you for giving him a shot. Pun intended

Hey Wayne, was wondering if you had some new artwork you created recently to show us?
Resized_20211219_142849.jpeg

This is one I did for Jim. His son passed away recently and this is his birthstone, his wifes birthstone and his sons. The centerstone is a diamond and represents eternity. Its bringing him some comfort.

On a lighter note we just got a laser engraver. I did some ball markers for the team that won the league championship. Laser etched on black onyx.

Resized_20230906_101743.jpeg

View attachment 1716153075
This is one I did for Jim. His son passed away recently and this is his birthstone, his wifes birthstone and his sons. The centerstone is a diamond and represents eternity. Its bringing him some comfort.
Nice! I love colored gemstones. I have a couple trays. Ya, I collect that stuff too.

-
Back