Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Happy Birthday Karl.

Happy birthday gorgeous (1).jpg

Good morning crew. I’m off today. I take the dart over to get the transmission fixed and then off to bring the ford back to the house and drop the chevelle off at my in-laws. It’s being reduced to being stored in a car port :lol:

The Phillies won! Why so glum?

Pretty typical, especially on the ball stud.

Morning dreamers!!
Looks like a nice day for outside housework here today. I have some older unreplaceable windows on the house. I'm going to caulk them shut and hopefully delay them in rotting away and having to be replaced.
Chiefs play the Donkeys tonight. My best buddy and wife are coming over to watch the game and discuss our trip to Hawaii together in Januraury.

If you have a real double hung, no caulk. They're actually pretty easy to fix.
Caulk is what makes them drafty and can also trap moisture. Ever see a exterior door sill with a metal strip on it? Always rot under the metal.

Good morning crew. I’m off today. I take the dart over to get the transmission fixed and then off to bring the ford back to the house and drop the chevelle off at my in-laws. It’s being reduced to being stored in a car port :lol:
Whats wrong with the transmission?

Sorry to hear that but not a lot you can do about it.

Whats wrong with the transmission?
It’s slipping and the fluid smells burnt. It’s worse when it’s cold. I don’t have the room to do it myself at home. I took it over to my regular mechanic that specializes in transmissions so he’s going to take a look at it.

It’s slipping and the fluid smells burnt. It’s worse when it’s cold. I don’t have the room to do it myself at home. I took it over to my regular mechanic that specializes in transmissions so he’s going to take a look at it.
Hopefully it gets sorted out and doesn’t cost too much

Probably a transmission service and band and linkage adjustment will tune that baby right up.

Probably a transmission service and band and linkage adjustment will tune that baby right up.
Yup. Fluid level, linkage adjustment and filter would probably be the order I'd look at. Change the fluid and filter anyway if its burnt.

Yup. Fluid level, linkage adjustment and filter would probably be the order I'd look at. Change the fluid and filter anyway if its burnt.
I have bought a few Mopars for cheap with the "transmission out" and did a service and drove away. :lol: :lol:

There's a chart in some of hte servivce manuals (most I think) showing which internal bands and clutches are engaged in each selector position. But first thing is correct pressures (fluid level and throttle linkage)

There's a chart in some of hte servivce manuals (most I think) showing which internal bands and clutches are engaged in each selector position. But first thing is correct pressures (fluid level and throttle linkage)

Yes... the Motors Manual is easier to translate as it is in color...

I wish I had the room to do it myself and learn all of that. It annoyed me that I can’t.

-
Back