Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
A little update……in preparation for anticipated dyno appointment Sean put the engine on the run stand and broke in the cam and all went well. However, still waiting on dyno appointment a nascar engine took priority, so still waiting.

Here it is running, first time in 50 years.

Good! Heck you want to run it in first anyway. Supposed to help the rings to seal and all that.
Do you know what fuel it should run on when its fully broken in?

Does the pedal attach to the floor, or is it just floating on the linkage?
Sounds like a good question for the early A forum. AFAIK the early cars had a pedal which connected to the floor pan. The second generation have pedals that for lack of better term, float on the metal shaft. But in '76 they went back to a version that attached to the floor and slid on the metal lever.

Yeah.. seems I have an early 70s pedal in the car....

Thanks again for the tip Fred.
'75 -Pedal is just laying down because cable is not attached on other side.

1699831284396.png

I didn't.
Tried to start the Ruster again... Turned good at first, but didn't even try to start. Not even with starter fluid. Saw it was smoking at the starter. :BangHead: Terminal going into it is loose. Probably see if I can find a used mini.
Had the wife steer again and pushed it tight to the corner so I can snowblow around it. Pulled the battery out to charge it again. Done with it till Spring.
Hard to like this.

-
Back