Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
mind reader.jpg

You have a dirty mind!

I had success! I switched out the turn signal switch and installed a new steering wheel. Everything is hooked up and working properly.

A little update……in preparation for anticipated dyno appointment Sean put the engine on the run stand and broke in the cam and all went well. However, still waiting on dyno appointment a nascar engine took priority, so still waiting.

Here it is running, first time in 50 years.

A little update……in preparation for anticipated dyno appointment Sean put the engine on the run stand and broke in the cam and all went well. However, still waiting on dyno appointment a nascar engine took priority, so still waiting.

Sounds great. Can't wait. I love watching dyno pulls.

I had success!
I didn't.
Tried to start the Ruster again... Turned good at first, but didn't even try to start. Not even with starter fluid. Saw it was smoking at the starter. :BangHead: Terminal going into it is loose. Probably see if I can find a used mini.
Had the wife steer again and pushed it tight to the corner so I can snowblow around it. Pulled the battery out to charge it again. Done with it till Spring.

Nice Scott, she sounds great!

I didn't.
Tried to start the Ruster again... Turned good at first, but didn't even try to start. Not even with starter fluid. Saw it was smoking at the starter. :BangHead: Terminal going into it is loose. Probably see if I can find a used mini.
Had the wife steer again and pushed it tight to the corner so I can snowblow around it. Pulled the battery out to charge it again. Done with it till Spring.
Had one of those days not long ago. :BangHead:

Had one of those days not long ago. :BangHead:
Oh, it was actually a good day other than that. Mulched leaves and made some progress on garage clean-up for Winter. I'm just at the point I want to sell the car and it keeps getting 'less sellable'.

Oh, it was actually a good day other than that. Mulched leaves and made some progress on garage clean-up for Winter. I'm just at the point I want to sell the car and it keeps getting 'less sellable'.
My garage is a mess right now, had grandkids working on their stuff and me fiber glassing today didn't help.

My garage is a mess right now, had grandkids working on their stuff and me fiber glassing today didn't help.
Mines not heated, so I'm done working in there. Doing my annual cleanup so Mae can park in there for the Winter.

I am thinking about that myself. May be I'll work on small parts this winter and sell the 66 in the spring.

Mines not heated, so I'm done working in there. Doing my annual cleanup so Mae can park in there for the Winter.
I don't know what I would do all winter if I didn't have a heated shop. Home alone sucks if I'm stuck in the house.

That’s awesome! Congratulations!

Maybe the break over winter will help and you can have a new start at it come spring.

Maybe the break over winter will help and you can have a new start at it come spring.
That's what I thought last year...
I'm a maintenance tech. Work on stuff all week. I totally enjoyed building the car. Now. I'm at the point I don't want to do more than oil changes, an occasional brake job, etc. These old cars always need something, and I barely drove it in the last 2 years. Every time I try to run it, it needs something. Focus in the Spring will be to get it to the best sale point i can before the bees have a chance to set up residence.

Well... another delay. As my drill Sergeant once stated "Well, **** boy, mine don't look like that"

Have to try and translate what I have going on with the accelerator pedal. It doesn't look like the manual diagrams and the holes in the firewall or the floorboard, and the nothing aligns with the plate Wolfie gave me.

20231112_163447.jpg

20231112_163423.jpg

20231109_191442~2.jpg

20231107_200926.jpg

Well... another delay. As my drill Sergeant once stated "Well, **** boy, mine don't look like that"

Have to try and translate what I have going on with the accelerator pedal. It doesn't look like the manual diagrams and the holes in the firewall or the floorboard, and the nothing aligns with the plate Wolfie gave me.

View attachment 1716165852

View attachment 1716165853

View attachment 1716165856

View attachment 1716165857
Don't know what you got there but your peddle is close to mine on my 73.

-
Back