Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ground fault at a "dead end" caused a guy across the street to lose power a few months back, he didn't call it in for hours and it only affected him and maybe 1 other house

Ok electricity gurus, before I call out an electrician tomorrow, any idea what could be causing an entire house to randomly flicker power randomly. Like with no identifiable reason.

I’ve unplugged every appliance in the house, turned off the HVAC system and tried isolating it to a room by shutting the breakers off one by one and it’s still randomly doing it throughout the day. Flicker and come right back on. Lights, outlets, the entire works.
No burning smell at panel box?

Ok electricity gurus, before I call out an electrician tomorrow, any idea what could be causing an entire house to randomly flicker power randomly. Like with no identifiable reason.

I’ve unplugged every appliance in the house, turned off the HVAC system and tried isolating it to a room by shutting the breakers off one by one and it’s still randomly doing it throughout the day. Flicker and come right back on. Lights, outlets, the entire works.
Bad ground.

Do you have your own transformer? If the power cables are borderline length to it that can cause issues but would think that would have been right away
Yes. And they were putting new poles in down the road Friday as well as running new cable for Comcast. Wondering if they didn’t F something up

Chris I bought my first house it was vacant for 10 years. VA repo.
It needed everything. After I bought it I get the story from a neighbor.
The previous owner was a half *** wanna be electrical.
I Saud it shows. I'm redoing the whole house there are spliced wires everywhere.
He then tells me the whole story he never properly grounded the system. Lights were always flickering g.
His wife sat there daughter on the washer and she grabbed the water line coming in.
It didn't end well.

Yes. And they were putting new poles in down the road Friday as well as running new cable for Comcast. Wondering if they didn’t F something up
Call the power Co. Chris You don't need to have a problem with it when you're all asleep.

1711927345573.png

:lol: :lol::lol:

Well that was one hell of a Easter party. Lasted all day.... But I still got up and went to work out at the local park with the little people. Lol Kkkkkkk

Well that was one hell of a Easter party. Lasted all day.... But I still got up and went to work out at the local park with the little people. Lol Kkkkkkk
Had my own Easter party today Mitch. Just me and a few doubles of whiskey and a steak for dinner.

I've had loose connections at electric motors and their mag starters cause similar disruptions and then trip the breakers. A bad junction in a conduit somewhere could cause similar disruptions.

So called and left message on their machine but interestingly enough, the flickers haven’t happened again since I posted in here….

-
Back