Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Over the weekend, I did manage to lay some more paint on the frame. Using Farm implement with Rust encapsulator from Rustolem. Not real thrilled with the very narrow spray pattern but for rattle can and the first coat, it’ll do.

This truck gonna get driven and used as a truck so it doesn’t have to be show quality underneath.

IMG_4576.jpeg

IMG_4577.jpeg

Over the weekend, I did manage to lay some more paint on the frame. Using Farm implement with Rust encapsulator from Rustolem. Not real thrilled with the very narrow spray pattern but for rattle can and the first coat, it’ll do.

This truck gonna get driven and used as a truck so it doesn’t have to be show quality underneath.

View attachment 1716255444

View attachment 1716255445
Here’s the before btw

I’m not painting the drums or any of the brake stuff since it has all new going on

IMG_3937.jpeg

IMG_3944.jpeg

View attachment 1716255444

View attachment 1716255445
I can paint with a spray gun just fine but give me a rattle can and I guarantee I'll screw up.

I can paint with a spray gun just fine but give me a rattle can and I guarantee I'll screw up.
I lightly sanded the rough stuff off but it’s magnifying any imperfections. And these nozzles are junk. I’ve got two cans that barely had any color come out and when it did, it globbed. But this will do for now. Thinking of taking this and having it rhinolined or linexed

I’ll say this, if you don’t have a Hobby Air II system, highly recommend getting one.

I lightly sanded the rough stuff off but it’s magnifying any imperfections. And these nozzles are junk. I’ve got two cans that barely had any color come out and when it did, it globbed. But this will do for now. Thinking of taking this and having it rhinolined or linexed
You can buy a kit and do it yourself easy enough. Don't remember the brand name but comes with 4 1 quart bottles and hardener.
Also has the gun to apply it with. Did the underside and inside floors on my Scamp with it.

Spray can. I used John Deere gloss black. I know, it's not supposed to be black under the hood. I had to paint it some color.

engine 296.jpg

1/2 inch socket. Short as you can , 1/4 inch drive. Universal swivel, long extension , ratchet. You'll thank me...
Or… go to local chain parts store, buy 1/2 inch ratcheting wrench, heat with blow torch, bend, quench, boom

And I now realize why they make a special wrench for tightening down the distributor ... Great freaking googley-moogley I lost some knuckles on that effort....

View attachment 1716255431
KD, K Tool, and Gear Wrench all have this dist. wrench. I bet Harbor Freight has them too. 1/2" and 9/16. Hook them together with the coupler and the other end is a handle. I have sold 100's of them. You can probably find one in the tool section at your local parts store. No need to hack up other tools.

KDT104_1200Wx1200H distributor wrench.jpg

KD, K Tool, and Gear Wrench all have this dist. wrench. I bet Harbor Freight has them too. 1/2" and 9/16. Hook them together with the coupler and the other end is a handle. I have sold 100's of them. You can probably find one in the tool section at your local parts store. No need to hack up other tools.

View attachment 1716255473
Or you can buy this....

View attachment 1716255473
More fun to make your own haha

Can't find my stupid bolts that hold the steering column to the firewall.... i'm sure i put them somewhere "Safe"

-
Back