Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
<~~~~~ got bad news at Dr office this AM. :( "Fasting Blood Work" means even before coffee. :eek::wtf::lol:
Good thing Lab opens early :lol: Lab Techs don't wanna mess with him before too much time away from coffee :lol:

1716916973617.png

Can't find my stupid bolts that hold the steering column to the firewall.... i'm sure i put them somewhere "Safe"
When I re-did the engine in my 66 I was so careful to bag and mark al the bolts. There were still bolts missing when I put it back together a few months later. I still have those bags I found later. A trip or two to the hardware store during assembly saved my butt.

When I re-did the engine in my 66 I was so careful to bag and mark al the bolts. There were still bolts missing when I put it back together a few months later. I still have those bags I found later. A trip or two to the hardware store during assembly saved my butt.
I did same in 66. But by the time I put it back together the bags had decetegtated and bolts were in a pile

First V8 I did, I was justa kid, 16 maybe 17. Saved all the hardware very carefully. Re-assemble bottom end, heads, intake, oil pump, oil pan, into the Ranchero it goes. when I get to near the bottom of the coffee can I find this hexagonal shaft with a little circlip on it :wtf: "Oh crap! That's the oil pump drive from the distributor!" I get this bright idea
thinking-face.png
I'll just take the circlip off and drop it into the pump from above :D . Get hold of it with the needle nose, flashlight to light the way, all lined up, TINK! as it bounces off the bottom of the oil pan :BangHead:

First V8 I did, I was justa kid, 16 maybe 17. Saved all the hardware very carefully. Re-assemble bottom end, heads, intake, oil pump, oil pan, into the Ranchero it goes. when I get to near the bottom of the coffee can I find this hexagonal shaft with a little circlip on it :wtf: "Oh crap! That's the oil pump drive from the distributor!" I get this bright idea View attachment 1716255490 I'll just take the circlip off and drop it into the pump from above :D . Get hold of it with the needle nose, flashlight to light the way, all lined up, TINK! as it bounces off the bottom of the oil pan :BangHead:
:rofl: :rofl: Sorry, I can't help but laugh. I have pulled my share of boners as well.

Goodafternoon!
Right off kilter. Nice day, did some errands for the mother in law, then lunch and now back in hotel. Next is load Fargo on to trailer i think. Had enough city driving in it. King pins need grease, getting tough to steer. Brakes are noisier than usual too. Howling like a garbage truck.
Stopped at the local distillery and got some nice Root Beer.car club takes stuff to the next level for sure!
IMG_0792.jpeg

-
Back