Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Not many people want a 413. They’re kind of like the 318 poly but of the big blocks. Custom pistons usually

Morning, first day in the 90s today. Need to get out early and put the brush hog on the tractor before the temps get to high. Did get my car off the trailer and put away yesterday. Dang did I ever make a mess of my truck on the drive home.

So last minute upgrade to the Jeep before power tour and it’s a big upgrade in handling

IMG_4639.jpeg

IMG_4637.jpeg

IMG_4640.jpeg

Truck accident blocking all lanes. Been an hour so far...grr

View attachment 1716258851

View attachment 1716258852

View attachment 1716258853
Feel for you.
At least you're an air conditioned taxi.
Two cars closed three lanes of traffic coming off the freeway coming into Madison last Wed. I knew it wasn't normal when folks opened their doors to get a look at what was going on. The exit was open so was lucky to be able to funnel down and then do a U at the light.
Only pic, and its from my flip phone. The gray car is police. Fire was there too. One of the damaged cars was at 90 degree to the roadway.
1717604516208.png

customer showed up for his boat. Flat tire and off rim. I left it in shed. 5 years of fixing it,im done. let him deal with it. hes not pleased. low tire i will fill up,nothing more. i will check before storing it in fall. make sure its up.
started working on studebaker box,finish welding it . even levelled it so it will sit right after im done.

So last minute upgrade to the Jeep before power tour and it’s a big upgrade in handling

View attachment 1716258844

View attachment 1716258845

View attachment 1716258846
Well that definitely fixed my jeeps skittish behavior. My rear axle was off center 1.75 inches towards the drivers side. It’s now dead center. That and the larger diameter definitely stiffened the back end way up.

The lift kit came with a relocation bracket and it was installed correctly, but just didn’t have enough adjustment to bring the thing back center. So double adjustable aftermarket bar went in.

Master cylinder arrived... :thumbsup:

Just before the storm front moved in

Pirate Jack

I chuckle because unless you're pulling stuff off a car in a salvage yard, you're buying MBM Brakes products. It all comes out of Asheville,.NC with whatever company label on it

Master cylinder arrived... :thumbsup:

Just before the storm front moved in

Pirate Jack

I chuckle because unless you're pulling stuff off a car in a salvage yard, you're buying MBM Brakes products. It all comes out of Asheville,.NC with whatever company label on it
I like pirate jacks, i did their entire disc brake kit and it went together pretty good other than super long front hoses.... i had to swap my calipers to the front instead of rear, no biggy

I like pirate jacks, i did their entire disc brake kit and it went together pretty good other than super long front hoses.... i had to swap my calipers to the front instead of rear, no biggy

Yeah... it's all these guys. They're wholesale only.

MBMBrakes.com.

I did the research when I was doing mine. All roads lead to Asheville

Feel for you.
At least you're an air conditioned taxi.
Two cars closed three lanes of traffic coming off the freeway coming into Madison last Wed. I knew it wasn't normal when folks opened their doors to get a look at what was going on. The exit was open so was lucky to be able to funnel down and then do a U at the light.
Only pic, and its from my flip phone. The gray car is police. Fire was there too. One of the damaged cars was at 90 degree to the roadway.
View attachment 1716258882
No traffic jambs here and I'm happy.

Did 3 windshield replacements today 2 semi's and a mini van. Semi's were rope in and easy. Wind was blowing hard and did the semi's outside, just about blew me away trying to carry the windshields to the trucks.

Did 3 windshield replacements today 2 semi's and a mini van. Semi's were rope in and easy. Wind was blowing hard and did the semi's outside, just about blew me away trying to carry the windshields to the trucks.
I may have to make a trip out to visit you, Fred.

I'm considering replacing both window gaskets (front and rear) in my '67 Ford (on the left), as both of them are original and have large cracks/splits in them. I'm pretty sure I can do the back window, but the front has that god-awful stainless trim in it, and when I had my '68 done (on the right) about 5 years ago, the Old School glass guy had a helluva time with it.

Once I get it up and running again (a few weeks?) I'll have to make a decision on what to do with it, as I'm running out of space.

IMG_5235.JPG

We have a rain gauge at our place, and my wife records the amounts on the calendar in the kitchen. As of yesterday morning, we're at just a smidge over 6" of rain in the past 10 days, and more is on the way tonight.

Hey, Mother Nature: Enough already!

I may have to make a trip out to visit you, Fred.

I'm considering replacing both window gaskets (front and rear) in my '67 Ford (on the left), as both of them are original and have large cracks/splits in them. I'm pretty sure I can do the back window, but the front has that god-awful stainless trim in it, and when I had my '68 done (on the right) about 5 years ago, the Old School glass guy had a helluva time with it.

Once I get it up and running again (a few weeks?) I'll have to make a decision on what to do with it, as I'm running out of space.

View attachment 1716258970
You'll have to send me a picture of the trim piece. I think I know what it looks like but just making sure I have the right tool.

-
Back