Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good Morning Mitch, Superbee then?
Superbee just being a trim level of a Coronet. Could be either, wouldn't know without the VIN. Otherwise the same car. 100% it is a 69 Dodge Coronet as a base, could be a upper trim level though.

1717588876469.png

Soo... just curious.. now that my springs are installed properly and have settled i have like 1-1.5" of space between the tire and the outside inner wheel wells, it looks great with the tires tucked in but i don't feel like bouncing off them over bumps. So.. my front spring mounts do have a lower hole but will add negative pinion which i can't really do. Was just wondering if 1-2" longer shackles would raise it much? And yes.. i hate the long shackle thing but i'm not talking thunderbolt and lightfoot... and the factory ones are pretty short.. Are there downsides to slightly longer ones?

Also thinking of how i might modify the wheel wells to keep the lower ride height due to awesomeness.. but not sure how much room i have due to how the quarter rolls in.. Funnily i have plenty of room at the wheel lip..

P.S. these are new ESPO +1 springs so i am not up for buying another set now...

Last year I tapped the Grand? Wagoneer's oil drain to 14mm x 1.25
Yesterday wasted a ridiculous amount of time looking for a drain plug gasket / gasket.
Most of what is available is mix packs...And I don't want soft metal washers that aren't soft.

Going to give these a try. Oddly they only have the fiber in metric and that particular rubber in 1/2" - which maybe I'll try on the Baccaruda.
1717589396132.png

Soo... just curious.. now that my springs are installed properly and have settled i have like 1-1.5" of space between the tire and the outside inner wheel wells, it looks great with the tires tucked in but i don't feel like bouncing off them over bumps. So.. my front spring mounts do have a lower hole but will add negative pinion which i can't really do. Was just wondering if 1-2" longer shackles would raise it much? And yes.. i hate the long shackle thing but i'm not talking thunderbolt and lightfoot... and the factory ones are pretty short.. Are there downsides to slightly longer ones?

Also thinking of how i might modify the wheel wells to keep the lower ride height due to awesomeness.. but not sure how much room i have due to how the quarter rolls in.. Funnily i have plenty of room at the wheel lip..

P.S. these are new ESPO +1 springs so i am not up for buying another set now...
coil over shocks added about a inch to mine. Towing shocks.

1717589653169.png

What are you trying to do?
Mopar leaf springs should be nearly flat when static for most uses.
For drag race launch, there should be some arch. Longer shackels can be used to get a little more swing (unfortunately also allows more sideway but not an issue for straight runs) as long as they angle back from the frame to the rear spring eye.
If more anti-squat is needed, then raise the front spring eye. That's when a longer shackle is probably most needed for a drag car. For road race the lower hieght reduces the roll center, and roundyround/road racing/rally/street can't take advantage of unclamping the rear half the spring pack - nor should they need to.

Correct the pinion angle with shims. IIRC Speedway has 'em 2.5" wide.

What are you trying to do?
Mopar leaf springs should be nearly flat when static for most uses.
For drag race launch, there should be some arch. Longer shackels can be used to get a little more swing (unfortunately also allows more sideway but not an issue for straight runs) as long as they angle back from the frame to the rear spring eye.
If more anti-squat is needed, then raise the front spring eye. That's when a longer shackle is probably most needed for a drag car. For road race the lower hieght reduces the roll center, and roundyround/road racing/rally/street can't take advantage of unclamping the rear half the spring pack - nor should they need to.

Correct the pinion angle with shims. IIRC Speedway has 'em 2.5" wide.
naw.. just a street beater, was thinking of just like 1-1.5" more lift but i think i'm gonna look at modifying the wheel wells first, would like to keep the stance..

The spot that might hit the tire is a soft rolled area so no chance of cutting a tire but rather not have them hit at all.. right now it would take a pretty good bump to hit i think..
just thinking out loud..

I just got done working out and having another cup of coffee. Got the grass cut and car off the trailer yesterday.

Another road trip to Ohio tomorrow to pick up a new truck, trading in the 2014 Ford F250, time for an upgrade.:thumbsup:

Well Commisary run. First real trip for the dog. Holpefully a good one. Dont want to crate her for that long the first time.

naw.. just a street beater, was thinking of just like 1-1.5" more lift but i think i'm gonna look at modifying the wheel wells first, would like to keep the stance..

The spot that might hit the tire is a soft rolled area so no chance of cutting a tire but rather not have them hit at all.. right now it would take a pretty good bump to hit i think..
just thinking out loud..
There is side movement when going around turns - more so the higher the rear is jacked.
Also the higher the arch, the more the inner wheel moves back in the turn.

coil over shocks added about a inch to mine. Towing shocks.

View attachment 1716258718
Just watch how close they come to the fuel tank lip. The previous owner of my 65 used the clamp ons. I went over some RR tracks and the spring caught the lip and ripped the tank out. It skidded down the highway behind me until I out ran it . No fire and it stopped skidding with the fill tube up so it didn't spill gas. :BangHead: :BangHead::BangHead::rofl::rofl:

Can’t like that!
Just watch how close they come to the fuel tank lip. The previous owner of my 65 used the clamp ons. I went over some RR tracks and the spring caught the lip and ripped the tank out. It skidded down the highway behind me until I out ran it . No fire and it stopped skidding with the fill tube up so it didn't spill gas. :BangHead: :BangHead::BangHead::rofl::rofl:

I added helper 1/2 leafs to my '75.
One night on the interstate interchange got into tank slappers and then finally went round 180 into the curb.
Long night.

-
Back