Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Only bad part is they'll be back and either myself or my co-worker will have to go back to let them in but yes would have been dangerous

Fun. Not. Train blocking road

20240604_185325.jpg

Wow....

That a separation briefing or retirement?

Mine was 5 full days

ACAP: Helping Soldiers transition from the Army to civilian life
Retirement. All soldiers after they hit 18 years are required to go to said briefing before they hit their twenty. But after that, it’s optional and you can go as many times as you can talk your unit into letting you go. It’s only 1 day and they cram so much in, you pretty much need to go multiple times to try to get it all.

Biggest new information I got was on survivor benefits which have to bell elected within 90 days of your twenty year letter or you forfeit those for life. Lots of people Saturday were irate on that news. All thanks to some law passed in 2022 by congress. That wasn’t put out to anyone.

Retirement. All soldiers after they hit 18 years are required to go to said briefing before they hit their twenty. But after that, it’s optional and you can go as many times as you can talk your unit into letting you go. It’s only 1 day and they cram so much in, you pretty much need to go multiple times to try to get it all.

Biggest new information I got was on survivor benefits which have to bell elected within 90 days of your twenty year letter or you forfeit those for life. Lots of people Saturday were irate on that news. All thanks to some law passed in 2022 by congress. That wasn’t put out to anyone.

I bailed on SBP and invested in 30- year term life policy for ½M

Yeah I will likely do the same. The SBP won’t pay for crap at my rank and points, so the life policy hold more value. Though I’m really looking at the whole life policy as well. Mainly cause it gains cash value I can use in case of emergencies down the road.

I did find it interesting just how hard the VSOs from the VA that were there at a briefing entirely of National Guard Soldiers, were pushing everyone to file VA claims. Especially since I couldnt get a single one to help me file mine. Cause I was “National Guard”.

Yeah I will likely do the same. The SBP won’t pay for crap at my rank and points, so the life policy hold more value. Though I’m really looking at the whole life policy as well. Mainly cause it gains cash value I can use in case of emergencies down the road.
Check into the tax impacts on you taking it out versus your spouse taking it our on you.

Check into the tax impacts on you taking it out versus your spouse taking it our on you.
That’s on my list to do. The Guard pays for personal financial counseling by licensed tax lawyers so I signed up for a meeting with one

Hmmm watching a show detailing a crew building a house, to code, using nothing but tires, glass bottles, beer cans, and mud…. Interesting

Got a map?
Where's the nearest parallel road that has a bridge or is far enough away?

-
Back