Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
@Tooljunkie

Hey Frank, do you happen to know Garry Thomson at GT Metalworks in Eugenia, Ontario? My Gosh it seems he does some amazing work

So this is done. Motor mounts, loose exhaust and loose power steering pump. Hes happy. 2 hours.
IMG_0819.jpeg

let's see, 62 chevy only had 5 wires in the harness. Not too many places to look. :lol: :lol:
Unplugged alternator. Problem solved. Just need to fid a regulator wiring diagram and sort it out. Horns are not working, and high beam issue.

We’ve made it to stop 2, Nashville Speedway.

We’ve learned a few things:

1: The Route on Google Maps sucks, actually the Google Maps app itself sucks. Had to navigate the old way with a map.
2: Getting 6500 cars through small towns is hilarious.

3: Tims luck is as bad if not worse than mine! Poor guy has blown a transmission, caught a nail in a tire that went down and had to be changed, and now they won’t let him and his trailer in the venue… working that solution now

1: The Route on Google Maps sucks, actually the Google Maps app itself sucks. Had to navigate the old way with a map.

3: Tims luck is as bad if not worse than mine! Poor guy has blown a transmission, caught a nail in a tire that went down and had to be changed, and now they won’t let him and his trailer in the venue… working that solution now
The issues continue..........................:BangHead:

I totally agreee with google maps. I learned on the trip to MN and we will bever use it again................:bs_flag:

We are now using Waze.:thumbsup:

Yep Tim just called and told me they won't let his car in on the trailer.
Said he is giving you his passes and sticker. And heading home.

The issues continue..........................:BangHead:

I totally agreee with google maps. I learned on the trip to MN and we will bever use it again................:bs_flag:

We are now using Waze.:thumbsup:

Google has owned Waze, a community-driven navigation app, since June 2013, when it acquired the company for $1.3 billion. Google has kept Waze as a separate app with its own developers, but in December 2022, it announced that Waze would no longer be an independent division. Instead, Waze would become another product under Google's Geo division, which also includes Google Maps, Google Earth, and Google Street View. Google says the move is intended to allow the teams to collaborate more technically while still providing users with the same experience.

Wikipedia

Waze - Wikipedia
In June 2013, Waze was acquired by Google for $1.3 billion. Waze's then-100 employees received about $1.2 million on average: the largest payout to employees in Israeli high tech. As part of the acquisition, the Waze development team continued to operate in Israeli as a separate entity from Google.

Jan 12, 2023 — yes Google Maps and Waze are merging. Google is reportedly merging both of its teams. however the two navigation apps will stay separate just the company will house both teams under its Geo. organization which oversees Google Earth and street view products. you are already familiar.

Google has owned Waze, a community-driven navigation app, since June 2013, when it acquired the company for $1.3 billion. Google has kept Waze as a separate app with its own developers, but in December 2022, it announced that Waze would no longer be an independent division. Instead, Waze would become another product under Google's Geo division, which also includes Google Maps, Google Earth, and Google Street View. Google says the move is intended to allow the teams to collaborate more technically while still providing users with the same experience.

Wikipedia

Waze - Wikipedia
In June 2013, Waze was acquired by Google for $1.3 billion. Waze's then-100 employees received about $1.2 million on average: the largest payout to employees in Israeli high tech. As part of the acquisition, the Waze development team continued to operate in Israeli as a separate entity from Google.

Jan 12, 2023 — yes Google Maps and Waze are merging. Google is reportedly merging both of its teams. however the two navigation apps will stay separate just the company will house both teams under its Geo. organization which oversees Google Earth and street view products. you are already familiar.
Thanks Mike, had no idea. Still technically using it I guess.:lol:

Waze seems to work better.........................even if owned by google.:thumbsup:

Father's Day car show in town on Saturday..................
Same here, but on Sunday, Father's Day. Talked them both into going to Church with me on Sunday early, but since they need to go to work at 10:00 a.m. I'm thinking I may take my Beautiful Wife to the car show at a nearby Church and parade her around with me, before I take her to work...

Wikipedia

Waze - Wikipedia

But Google Maps still sucks, in comparison to Waze.

Our address has "NW" in it, but whenever someone tries to find our house using Google Maps, they end-up on the wrong side of town. Apple and Waze users get there just fine.

It's become kind of a joke around here, so much so that it came up at a City Council meeting about a year or so ago, I'm told.

And despite a TON of requests to fix it, Google's response has been "crickets".

Same here, but on Sunday, Father's Day. Talked them both into going to Church with me on Sunday early, but since they need to go to work at 10:00 a.m. I'm thinking I may take my Beautiful Wife to the car show at a nearby Church and parade her around with me, before I take her to work...
I was able to switch an appointment to Sunday, so I am going to the local show. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well been catching up around here since I have been on the road. There is simply nothing more satisfying than looking down your driveway at nice tidy bales. Somehow it gives you that same warm fuzzy contented sigh feeling, like when you open the pantry in the house right after canning season.

IMG_1741.jpeg

Last year I tapped the Grand? Wagoneer's oil drain to 14mm x 1.25
Yesterday wasted a ridiculous amount of time looking for a drain plug gasket / gasket.
Most of what is available is mix packs...And I don't want soft metal washers that aren't soft.

Going to give these a try. Oddly they only have the fiber in metric and that particular rubber in 1/2" - which maybe I'll try on the Baccaruda.
View attachment 1716258716

This was the one of the longest times I've spent on a regular oil change.
1718135274616.png

The new threads look great, so it wasn't stripping.
1718135315174.png

Fail #1. Finger tight and see the gasket surface isn't quite square to the threads. :(
1718135235715.png

Fail #2. Ream out the thicker fabric-rubber gaskets to .6" and for good? measure coat with permatex #2.
1718135367811.png

All is well finger tight,
but then.
1718135409429.png

Glued two of the 14 mm fiber washers together. 15 ft lbs of torque.
1718135543907.png

Will find out when I go back if oil is getting past. When I left it was dry.

6500? Extra zero? how many really registered?

Google maps: Not too bad on the regular computer. Sometimes I print off a few key things and then also draw and write out whatever else I need or think I need. From there I do it the old fashioned way - paper maps and ask directions. @71GSSDemon can vouch for that! so can the Rays.

On the 'smart phone', its the one app that should have kept me a user. Yup. Slow, and sucky. Then wastes more bandwidth asking me questions. F that. If I replace my current flip phone, there's newer version that allows the Waze app which would give a try for avoiding traffic congestion.
And despite a TON of requests to fix it, Google's response has been "crickets".
Kindof exactly how they are handling the youtube user interface.
Found a fix here using Ublock which is already on my browser How to Undo YouTube's Terrible New Layout

Last edited:
6500? Extra zero? how many really registered?

Google maps: Not too bad on the regular computer. Sometimes I print off a few key things and then also draw and write out whatever else I need or think I need. From there I do it the old fashioned way - paper maps and ask directions. @71GSSDemon can vouch for that! so can the Rays.

On the 'smart phone', its the one app that should have kept me a user. Yup. Slow, and sucky. Then wastes more bandwidth asking me questions. F that. If I replace my current flip phone, there's newer version that allows the Waze app which would give a try for avoiding traffic congestion.

Kindof exactly how they are handling the youtube user interface.
Found a fix here using Ublock which is already on my browser How to Undo YouTube's Terrible New Layout
Good to know I am not the only one out here still using a map. Jodi gets very frustrated with me because I won’t use my phone for directions!

So this is done. Motor mounts, loose exhaust and loose power steering pump. Hes happy. 2 hours. View attachment 1716261201
Beautiful car. A guy used to show up to the Philly region autocrosses with a yellow convertible -might have been a '76 but I think a '78. All stock and couldn't figure out why his times were always longer than mine. A couple years into this he tells me that he went to my website and saw what I did. He then careful picked out parts and made changes so the car would be better in the class he was running. Then he had to work on his driving but he was much happier.

Last edited:
Good to know I am not the only one out here still using a map. Jodi gets very frustrated with me because I won’t use my phone for directions!
I forget who but someone said soemthing about GPS the other day and I just looked at him like he had 4 eyes until I realized why.
:lol:

Maps are so much better in so many ways. It provides the big picture.

Tim just called he took Simone and they went to have lunch. Drove past were he could see the lot he couldn't park in. It's now full of Trailers, cars, and motor homes
That's weird.
Was hoping with all the gearheads there he would find a tranmission guy or two and get some trouble shooting help.

-
Back