Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's morning! Too early to be serious about it though. Time to get back to sleep. (I hope)
Psh it’s go time! Gotta admit this is kind of a cool site to see waking up

IMG_4801.jpeg

Morning!
Looks like a clear sky today.
Get the chevy electrical fixed and go play with the Studebaker. Push door post and tack then test fit door. I have 1/2 a video i started, been slacking on my youtube stuff.

Can’t wait to show you the gem i have in the shop. Its a hot mess.

2nd cup almost done. Want to get moving but pup is comfortable. :lol:
IMG_0828.jpeg
IMG_0829.jpeg

My son went to school at Embry Riddle up in Prescott, think I might be able to adjust to that but not down in the valley, sheesh, that's lizard weather!!!
Prescott is a great area. Cooler at that elevation...and there are trees!

Yeah, it got pretty warm down there. Great skydiving weather though.

1718192070290.png

Last edited:
Would this resolve my dead-gauge issue? I figure the voltage gauge thingy gave up the ghost, so I lost the fuel gauge.

Still think I'd be better served to just put a new harness in

Would this resolve my dead-gauge issue? I figure the voltage gauge thingy gave up the ghost, so I lost the fuel gauge.

It's a very good upgrade even if it doesn't solve the issue.. worth the cost.

BTW. are all your gauges dead or just the fuel? try grounding the wire at the tank to see if the gauge goes to full?

BTW. are all your gauges dead or just the fuel? try grounding the wire at the tank to see if the gauge goes to full?

It had stopped working prior to the untimely demise of the 225. Engine wiring is still incomplete so I've not had power to the system in a year

It had stopped working prior to the untimely demise of the 225. Engine wiring is still incomplete so I've not had power to the system in a year
yeah, before anything i would just try grounding the sending wire and see if the gauge goes to full then you know if it's a issue before or after the sending unit... also sending units can lose their ground and the gauge won't work which is the most common cause of it, to the point they made this clip to jump over the rubber hose on the sending unit so it would have a ground to the metal fuel line.

1718192988018.jpeg

Funny my gas gauge started working after driving in all the rain in MN at the car show. Sender wire got moisture in it, worked great until it dried out :lol:

Now nothing, I still need to put on my ground wire and I should be good to go

Had to turn a customer away today.. i swear to god my worst interactions with humans always seems to be with Engineers.... it's like their brains are just cement and if it's not written in a book then it's not true. Don't ask me questions then argue with my 45 years of real world experience..

yeah, before anything i would just try grounding the sending wire and see if the gauge goes to full then you know if it's a issue before or after the sending unit... also sending units can lose their ground and the gauge won't work which is the most common cause of it, to the point they made this clip to jump over the rubber hose on the sending unit so it would have a ground to the metal fuel line.

View attachment 1716261509
I wonder if it would work for my situation??

-
Back