Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
That's stupid. Sadly some people can't tell the difference between trash talking for fun and actually hating.
Well.. he was a GM engineer for 20 years and helped design the LS and ****... soo.. hes a bit bias... i don't hate any brand myself and have owned most... Except pontiac... pontiac owners are weird...

So gauges get positive power direct to them thru the IVR. The function comes thru the ground circuit.. if anyone is interested

Rules do not say no cars on trailers. Only mo pull trailers. Also does not say cars have to be under own power. Several died in line and were pulled pushed in
Total BS
You would think they would be thinking about the guy who has paid all that money to participate and he has a bit of bad luck he is kicked to the side. Not my idea of comradery.

Well.. he was a GM engineer for 20 years and helped design the LS and ****... soo.. hes a bit bias... i don't hate any brand myself and have owned most... Except pontiac... pontiac owners are weird...
and mopar owners are soo normal.
:rofl:

Not the hot rodding mentality at all. Helping your opponent at drag strip get his car worked out when it breaks...things like that..

Buddy hasn't called back. Gotta to make a tough decision.
Drive out to the range while its cool(ish) or go work on the heep so its off my mind and ready to go again.

1718195460962.png

THe kids asked me what I wanted for my Birthday and Father's day. I asked for a drone just for fun. After checking on them they are way out of price range for one that has features you want.

yeah, before anything i would just try grounding the sending wire and see if the gauge goes to full then you know if it's a issue before or after the sending unit... also sending units can lose their ground and the gauge won't work which is the most common cause of it, to the point they made this clip to jump over the rubber hose on the sending unit so it would have a ground to the metal fuel line.

View attachment 1716261509
Mine is reading, but I don't think it's right. I did have a good line jumper on it when assembled anyway... I think the actual fuel level is getting low now, so should get at it soon in case I decide to drop the tank...

Mine is reading, but I don't think it's right. I did have a good line jumper on it when assembled anyway... I think the actual fuel level is getting low now, so should get at it soon in case I decide to drop the tank...
If it's reading but off that should be the sending unit itself... i use a spectra but no idea if it's accurate as i have only had like 2 gallons in my tank so far

If it's reading but off that should be the sending unit itself... i use a spectra but no idea if it's accurate as i have only had like 2 gallons in my tank so far
That's what I'm thinking. I haven't been driving it enough to see it cycle up and down. I bought a used tank at local yard and I think I ended up using the sender that came with that. Not certain if it was an original, or aftermarket. It worked pretty well over the full range when installed.

That's what I'm thinking. I haven't been driving it enough to see it cycle up and down. I bought a used tank at local yard and I think I ended up using the sender that came with that. Not certain if it was an original, or aftermarket. It worked pretty well over the full range when installed.
well if you need to replace it, spectra has the best reviews/reputation... just keep your old lock ring, supposedly the new ones are thinner (i have a old and new but didn't measure them to verify)

well if you need to replace it, spectra has the best reviews/reputation... just keep your old lock ring, supposedly the new ones are thinner (i have a old and new but didn't measure them to verify)
Hoppy had a bunch of rings...

Hoppy had a bunch of rings...
yeah, i got mine from him then lost it when i put the tank in and found it again later.. didn't switch to it cause it's in a shitty spot now, will see if leaks when i put more gas in

So this mornings makeshift on the fly at the gas station convoy is led by a 69 383 dodge charger, with a couple GTOs and some shoebox Chevys , a 34 ford. And tail end Charlie is a 69 440 powered General Lee, who better to run blocked

IMG_4810.jpeg

IMG_4809.jpeg

-
Back