Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
1721570644700.png
1721570681496.png
1721570771376.png

That other one out there that's desert on both sides. Mojave on one side Nevada on the other :lol:

Good morning. Happy birthday Steph. 29?
Thank you guys for all of the wishes. So far they took me to breakfast and I want to spend the rest of the day fishing. It will be a good day.
I’m 29 and holding! Mentally I’m still 13 though :lol:

Morning fellers and fellet. Rain here last night and guessers say mor today. Only got 14/100 so fare but it's so dry we will take all we can get.

Got a comp cams timing set today. No where does it say where it was made. Country..and timing marks are not discernable ..

I was Hatched in Anchorage Alaska... But that was Many Years Ago.......... :lol:
I was hatched in Washington at Madigan Army Hospital and not long after that moved to Anchorage. Small world.
Long time ago is right the hospital I was born in is now a museum. :BangHead:

K.. so when you guys that paint, paint.. is there a color that just makes you go blind? i have painted orange, black... blue.. other colors without issue.. i swear when i shoot this red i just go blind and can't see how it's flowing or anything.. honestly wish i had shot out in the sun to have better light. So.. the color matches better than expected... the paint actually went on ok, i think i know how i made it go bad on my engine bay. BUT.. for some reason when i got the gun in my hand i decided to try to get 1 coat coverage which... yeah i know better, and i have some nasty waterfall runs that i don't know if i will get out without ******* it.. worst case, i block em out and give it quick touch up... love single stage :)
I only did the bottom like 10" on these...

can see the runs in the last pic... ah well.. the back panel i went bout 1" up from the the horizontal panel and can barely see it meet, really happy with that.. rest of the car is still the 1962 paint.. so it's all nicks and beat up..but i like the idea of the original paint..

2024-07-21 13.27.37.jpg
2024-07-21 13.27.16.jpg
2024-07-21 13.26.50.jpg
2024-07-21 13.26.58.jpg

K.. so when you guys that paint, paint.. is there a color that just makes you go blind? i have painted orange, black... blue.. other colors without issue.. i swear when i shoot this red i just go blind and can't see how it's flowing or anything.. honestly wish i had shot out in the sun to have better light. So.. the color matches better than expected... the paint actually went on ok, i think i know how i made it go bad on my engine bay. BUT.. for some reason when i got the gun in my hand i decided to try to get 1 coat coverage which... yeah i know better, and i have some nasty waterfall runs that i don't know if i will get out without ******* it.. worst case, i block em out and give it quick touch up... love single stage :)

can see the runs in the last pic... ah well.. the back panel i went bout 1" up from the the horizontal panel and can barely see it meet, really happy with that.. rest of the car is still the 1962 paint.. so it's all nicks and beat up..but i like the idea of the original paint..

View attachment 1716279285View attachment 1716279288View attachment 1716279286View attachment 1716279287
Looks ok to me....

The red hides soo much :) but i'm ok with it.. so.. just gotta do the fenders now

View attachment 1716279285View attachment 1716279288View attachment 1716279286View attachment 1716279287
Nice work and I don't know how bad the runs in the paint are but if their nasty here's an idea. Before you try sanding them out try this trick of putting tape on both ends of a razorblade and cutting as much of the runs off as you can before sanding and buffing.
Works slick and I've done it more than once.

IMG_20240721_130413255.jpg

Nice work and I don't know how bad the runs in the paint are but if their nasty here's an idea. Before you try sanding them out try this trick of putting tape on both ends of a razorblade and cutting as much of the runs off as you can before sanding and buffing.

View attachment 1716279298
Ahhh i forgot bout that trick!! and that are bad enough to scrap.. kinda ashamed of it :)

gonna give it a few days to cute before i attempt anything.. i honestly think i'll paint the fenders outside in the sun.. i just can't light stuff good enough inside for that color, easier to deal with some dust than bad coverage/runs

View attachment 1716279298
Yep

Got a comp cams timing set today. No where does it say where it was made. Country..and timing marks are not discernable ..
not sure how much the comp set it.. but i went with the trickflow billet i think it was $99 and made in the us, just for next time..

-
Back