Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
K.. so when you guys that paint, paint.. is there a color that just makes you go blind? i have painted orange, black... blue.. other colors without issue.. i swear when i shoot this red i just go blind and can't see how it's flowing or anything.. honestly wish i had shot out in the sun to have better light. So.. the color matches better than expected... the paint actually went on ok, i think i know how i made it go bad on my engine bay. BUT.. for some reason when i got the gun in my hand i decided to try to get 1 coat coverage which... yeah i know better, and i have some nasty waterfall runs that i don't know if i will get out without ******* it.. worst case, i block em out and give it quick touch up... love single stage :)
I only did the bottom like 10" on these...

can see the runs in the last pic... ah well.. the back panel i went bout 1" up from the the horizontal panel and can barely see it meet, really happy with that.. rest of the car is still the 1962 paint.. so it's all nicks and beat up..but i like the idea of the original paint..

View attachment 1716279285View attachment 1716279288View attachment 1716279286View attachment 1716279287
What red is that?

BTW.. bought it here... the guys price is super cheap and it laid down nice this time, i messed up the process in my engine bay so it came out much worse.. when i pull the motor i might redo it..

Sold another chin spoiler yesterday and is drying in the mold right now. Used Epoxy on this one and takes a long time to dry but Epoxy I get for free and the fiberglass matting so it can take as long as it wants to dry. Just hope it comes out with no flaws and I'll be a happy camper.

Sold another chin spoiler yesterday and is drying in the mold right now. Used Epoxy on this one and takes a long time to dry but Epoxy I get for free and the fiberglass matting so it can take as long as it wants to dry. Just hope it comes out with no flaws and I'll be a happy camper.
Free epoxy? you got a buddy at a epoxy factory?

They removed the truck lane there, trucks are so powerful they practically fly up the hill now... Not like the "old" days...
I think they do the same at Gaviota on 101 north. Still under destruction there, could change when completed. Just in case you gotta go north on 101 anytime soon. That work they do near Santa Barbara added an hour to my trip home today. Other than that the cruise was set at 71 mph from O'side north until I got to that mess in SB, today it was more SOB :lol:

Free epoxy? you got a buddy at a epoxy factory?
No my son works on windmill towers and when the Epoxy resin to repair the blades gets past the pull date they throw it away. Only the Hardner turns yellow but is still good it just makes the patch on the windmill blade have a yellow tint and they don't like that.
I have another pallet of leftovers coming my way soon and they throw the roll of woven fiberglass mat away also. I have 200 pounds of fiberglass mat already but I'll take it all and figure out what to do with it someday.
Government funding so they throw it out and waist our tax dollars I think.

image-j6UdMYjEFk8Jy0Iy.jpg

Man i love how that fresh red looks.. wish i could paint the whole car but i'm not that ambitious or want to try to get the trim off those windows

Man i love how that fresh red looks.. wish i could paint the whole car but i'm not that ambitious or want to try to get the trim off those windows
I'm the opposite I like taking the whole car apart and starting over but if you break something trying to remove it and not be able to get another trim piece would be a major deal. Think at this point if I were you I'd just get it looking good and drive it.
It looks good the way it is.

I'm the opposite I like taking the whole car apart and starting over but if you break something trying to remove it and not be able to get another trim piece would be a major deal. Think at this point if I were you I'd just get it looking good and drive it.
It looks good the way it is.
Yeah, the 62s are soo hard to get parts for it's insane... like it i break that back window... ugh... there is a 62 that's pretty trashed on market place right now for 2500 i kinda want just for spare trim and windows...

Stinkin hot. Did a couple loads of clean up, im not playing outside. And kinda napped. Kim made potato soup, its awesome, so better tomorrow. Next round is with fresh garden taters. Oh and the fresh green onions, makes it so nice.
Now she brought me a snifter of Cabot Trail. Its a cream liquer. Very nice.

Yeah, the 62s are soo hard to get parts for it's insane... like it i break that back window... ugh... there is a 62 that's pretty trashed on market place right now for 2500 i kinda want just for spare trim and windows...
And there not getting to be more around to get parts from.

Stinkin hot. Did a couple loads of clean up, im not playing outside. And kinda napped. Kim made potato soup, its awesome, so better tomorrow. Next round is with fresh garden taters. Oh and the fresh green onions, makes it so nice.
Now she brought me a snifter of Cabot Trail. Its a cream liquer. Very nice.
Tater soup sounds good.

Just putzing around weeding out tree rings and re-mulching. Used the hoe under the back deck, until I confirmed the yellowjackets nest under the stairs, will have to see if I have any Bee Bop on my truck, stuff I bought from HD doesn't work with a crap! Also brought wife lunch, we work opposite shifts, hoping to switch with my co-worker soon and be the "Monday Off" guy for awhile

Well it looks like the CalFire 500 must be over at the oval track. All the race trucks are gone, only a few parts trailers remain. Looks like they had the rippers on the track to get some water in it. The Wing Sprint show next Saturday should be a GO. :steering::D

Liking this West Coast IPA, 10 Barrel Brewing out of Bend OR. Pic is of the new Alaskan Weeping Cedar, easy one, the Maple tree ring was 4x as big. I'm a heat whimp anymore, take breaks and now it's all over lol!

IPA.jpeg

AlaskanCedar.jpeg

-
Back