Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well it looks like the CalFire 500 must be over at the oval track. All the race trucks are gone, only a few parts trailers remain. Looks like they had the rippers on the track to get some water in it. The Wing Sprint show next Saturday should be a GO. :steering::D
Like the Sprints, haven't been to Skagit Speedway in too long. Last time I went I entered the "tough truck challenge" (intermission "entertainment") and jumped my 89 Suburban in a timed run around the cones lol, won some money and didn't break anything so all good.

Took a look at CalFire map. That big fire in the next valley is 80% contained and has grown very little since I last looked. That a good thing. That little valley has a lot of celebrity owned ranches. High dollar real estate. Be a good season to go huntin'. Them Black Tails love rollin' in that ash :D :elmer:

Took a look at CalFire map. That big fire in the next valley is 80% contained and has grown very little since I last looked. That a good thing. That little valley has a lot of celebrity owned ranches. High dollar real estate. Be a good season to go huntin'. Them Black Tails love rollin' in that ash :D :elmer:
80% is pretty good, fire near my sisters in Lapine was 15% this morning but I think the dozer work they did is going to pay off

Back from the car show. It's been a long day. 1060 cars total. Spent most of the day by the Demon talking with folks.

One time I saw that they had like 80 Dozers out there :eek:
I have 2 sisters there, both live on Snuffy Lane. 1 sister isn't as worried, says insurance will pay for it all (wow) but other sister has bought our childhood home in Eugene, super sentimental about it as we all kinda are and the deal will fall thru if her place in Lapine burns.

Just putzing around weeding out tree rings and re-mulching. Used the hoe under the back deck, until I confirmed the yellowjackets nest under the stairs, will have to see if I have any Bee Bop on my truck, stuff I bought from HD doesn't work with a crap! Also brought wife lunch, we work opposite shifts, hoping to switch with my co-worker soon and be the "Monday Off" guy for awhile
I hate yellowjackets, nasty little basters.

I have 2 sisters there, both live on Snuffy Lane. 1 sister isn't as worried, says insurance will pay for it all (wow) but other sister has bought our childhood home in Eugene, super sentimental about it as we all kinda are and the deal will fall thru if her place in Lapine burns.
genuflectII.jpg

Another spoiler hot off the press. I'll trim it up fill in the air pocket screw ups tomorrow.

IMG_20240721_183420432.jpg

Wow, that's a few cars, many Mopars? I'm sure there were LOTS of smiles at your ride
Actually a lot of mopars there. Just didn't take any pictures. It's a great venue with about 80% shade coverage with mature trees.

Give the kids an atta boy and atta girl for us. :thumbsup:
I’m most thrilled with the rocket. Really didn’t think it stood a chance. We sanded primed, sanded, primed, painted, wet sanded due to bubbles, painted, wet sanded again for runs, painted, wet sanded again, finally painted and cleared. Buffed and polished.

Judge found one little rough spot about the size of grain of rice by one of the fins that was just ever so slightly finger nail catching. Otherwise, that thing was as smooth as glass. Which is a pita for cardboard and wood

Went outside to get something out of the black Express only to encounter the lovely aroma of a flail mower composting a broccoli field somewhere up wind
barf.jpg
I hope the wind blows from a different direction tomorrow :lol:

-
Back