Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Car show in town over from us. Amherstburg. Cars gone crazy. Got a commando 273 for you Chris. @WV64Signet
IMG_20240728_105814.jpg
IMG_20240728_105821.jpg

Last edited:
Do you know what is the latest thing thieves are targeting ? Circuit breakers. Yep

Well, I changed carbs on the hot rod, did some tuning, it is fixed. Truck now has 1 new hub, new brake pads new rubber brake hose and center ujoint on rear driveshaft. It will work for now. I may need a new rear brake caliper. Warmer than the rest.

Wow got about 1/3 of Carlisle put away. Sucks being one deep and it is getting hot in the container!

Good morning everyone. Changed the carb on the hot rod and it seems fixed. Maybe just more junk from the mud dauber i found in there. Changed a hub, brake pads and the rubber line on the truck while I was checking that out. I have a bad ujoint, but I can't get the rear axle yoke bolts out. Over time they are no longer American or Communist sizes. Even tried hammering something close on. May have to grind the heads off and removed the yoke to fix. Grrrr
What kinda truck?

Well, I changed carbs on the hot rod, did some tuning, it is fixed. Truck now has 1 new hub, new brake pads new rubber brake hose and center ujoint on rear driveshaft. It will work for now. I may need a new rear brake caliper. Warmer than the rest.
Rebuild the caliper easy and not Chineese junk

What kinda truck?
2001 F350 4x4 diesel. It developed a high frequency shake at 35 and 60 yesterday. I checked the hub, did the rest while I was in there. I drove it before and after the hub change, then after the ujoint. Ujoint fixed the shake

I will look into a kit. It's the salt and brine they use up here. I am ready to move out of the rust belt
Seriously easy to do. hone it out, wire wheel the plug that comes out clean is the crap here. Reassemble one square o ring and a dust boot/ You may have to hone the caliper inside if it is that bad.

2001 F350 4x4 diesel. It developed a high frequency shake at 35 and 60 yesterday. I checked the hub, did the rest while I was in there. I drove it before and after the hub change, then after the ujoint. Ujoint fixed the shake
I wonder if they are 12 mm 12 point like the 1/2 and 3/4 tons. I have a swivel impact socket just for those, and they arent coming out easy without heat. They use some crazy thread lock compound

Well, got some cleanup done after shed move last weekend, some grass mowed. Dug out the semi-buried power cable to my shop, needs to be adjusted after shed move.
Now off to Kims Staff BBQ.

I wonder if they are 12 mm 12 point like the 1/2 and 3/4 tons. I have a swivel impact socket just for those, and they arent coming out easy without heat. They use some crazy thread lock compound
Those would be on the flange companion on the output shaft on the t case. Those would be fine. It is thr small 5/16" or 8mm hex bolts on rear axle yoke I had issues with. Got them out and replaced

No rain so no need to cut the grass, but the weeds are thriving and I couldn't take it anymore. Used the weed wacker and pulled a bunch of weeds. Also since it is so dry leaves are falling already..............took are of them with the blower—nothing else but hanging out and watching some YouTube videos for the rest of the day.

-
Back