Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's Thunderboat Thursday!

1722518162120.png

Good morning :D

Getting miffed. Plumber thought he might have temporarily repaired the water heater. Of course that service was $175. He said it may need a gas valve. It doesn't work this morning, so I called him and he said he would have to come out and take a look and probably order a valve after talking to tech support. Another $175? I looked up the valves on the manufacturers website. Valve $102 and a pilot assembly for $47 and change. Those parts will probably cost me $300 with the mark up and another $175 to install? :mob: :mob: :mob:

Son, we need to talk.

I'll try a batch of vinegar on it. I like the tap water here, but the machine is probably more picky :lol:
I run bleach water through my coffee maker to clean it.. like run 2 batches then rinse it well and run some clear water.. comes out like new

Getting miffed. Plumber thought he might have temporarily repaired the water heater. Of course that service was $175. He said it may need a gas valve. It doesn't work this morning, so I called him and he said he would have to come out and take a look and probably order a valve after talking to tech support. Another $175? I looked up the valves on the manufacturers website. Valve $102 and a pilot assembly for $47 and change. Those parts will probably cost me $300 with the mark up and another $175 to install? :mob: :mob: :mob:

Son, we need to talk.
Can replace the whole water heat for that

Looks like the C130 landing near by is a go for Sunday morning, busy hwy gets shut down for hours just 7 miles away, this test is to assure us incase of a bad earthquake supplies can be flown in, hope to watch this landing.
Hwy closes at midnight Saturday and re opens mid morning Sunday.

Screenshot_20240801-094635_K8 News.jpg

It probably needs a gas valve when really it needs a pilot assembly! :BangHead: :BangHead: :rofl::rofl:
Have you ever changed out a thermocouple Mike, if its easy to get to you may want to give it a go, easily done, and I agree, could be just that.

Ut oh! I think I grenaded another espresso machine :eek: Blown head gasket maybe, lots of steam but no power output :BangHead:
Well that just tears it!
Im starting to like espresso,Buddy makes us one every time we visit. So,as we travel we grab a pound of beans wherever we visit, one exception, Stephen Hotz sends us coffee. Shipping was more than the beans, but worth it when Dan commented on the Antigua being one of his favorites so far.
Hope you solve the issue.

Have you ever changed out a thermocouple Mike, if its easy to get to you may want to give it a go, easily done, and I agree, could be just that.
I have. THis one looks more complicated but who's to say. It's easy to run into snags like this with stuff nowadays and I sure like to complain when I get hosed on the labor bill and parts mark up. :BangHead: :BangHead:

As I get older the more I believe in "Make the call and write the check" but I sure don't have to like it.

This 37 seems to burn me at every turn. Grommets where wiring passes through dont have a wide enoug groove to stay in place. Getting close to sorting that out. I can’t have wires chafing on sharp steel edges. Back to the battle..

Fingers crossed. THe plumber called Rheem Tech for information and they will replace the gas valve under warranty. (10 years for the "Pro" model)
This might not be as bad as it was looking earlier.

Morning all. hot one here today in the upper 90s. Breakfast and coffee on the deck before it gets hot. Leg is feeling much better, stuff the Doc gave me works really good, pain is way down.

Evening all, Back from the Dr, left calf hurt like hell for the last week. Had a sore that wasn’t healing up. Turns out had a spider bite, Doc thinks Brown recluse. Have a hole size of a quarter and an 1/8 inch deep. Ow on antibiotics and ointment's for a week . I will save you from the pics being Diner time.
I have seen some nasty spider bite photos. Good thing you got to the Dr when you did.

-
Back