Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good am all. Simone is planning a pool party for the 9th. Crap load of work for me!!!

Gained a whole new respect for then little bastards. Starting to scab up and I don't smell the rotting smell anymore.
I have some real gross photos of a fellow on another forum. . Amazing how one little spider can do so much damage.

Looks like the C130 landing near by is a go for Sunday morning, busy hwy gets shut down for hours just 7 miles away, this test is to assure us incase of a bad earthquake supplies can be flown in, hope to watch this landing.
Hwy closes at midnight Saturday and re opens mid morning Sunday.

View attachment 1716283640
if you are able to attend, get some pictures! Thanks.

How is the water heater acting? I used to repair gas water heaters. Does the pilot light stay lit? Most of the time the gas valve is not the problem. Could be either the magnet in the valve, the thermocouple or just a dirty pilot.

I have. THis one looks more complicated but who's to say. It's easy to run into snags like this with stuff nowadays and I sure like to complain when I get hosed on the labor bill and parts mark up. :BangHead: :BangHead:
I am sure Dad could be there to help in 3 beers travel time. I believe that is @Sublime one measurement. Come to think of it, being unsupervised, I am sure many could road trip over and at least give their opinion.

How is the water heater acting? I used to repair gas water heaters. Does the pilot light stay lit? Most of the time the gas valve is not the problem. Could be either the magnet in the valve, the thermocouple or just a dirty pilot.
The pilot would go out after a cycle and not relight. I could manually relight it. Rheem Tech Service said it needed a gas valve and the thermocouple was ok. (apparently)

The pilot would go out after a cycle and not relight. I could manually relight it. Rheem Tech Service said it needed a gas valve and the thermocouple was ok. (apparently)
I am no furnace/water heater guy, but if the pilot would go out after a cycle, not relight, but can manually relight, I wouldn't think it is the gas valve - gas is present if you can manually relight. Unless I don't understand the system. What tells the pilot to relight??

This is water on demand system?

I am no furnace guy, but if the pilot would go out after a cycle, not relight, but can manually relight, I wouldn't think it is the gas valve - gas is present if you can manually relight. Unless I don't understand the system. What tells the pilot to relight??
The gas valve. :poke: :lol: My tech was on the phone with Rheem tech for 20+ min and that's what they said. I heard my guy ask if the pilot assembly needed replaced as well and Rheem said no and I don't believe both are being replaced. Just the gas valve. We will find out. All the parts work together now days. I'm surprised there isn't a electronic circuit board involved.

The gas valve. :poke: :lol: My tech was on the phone with Rheem tech for 20+ min and that's what they said. I heard my guy ask if the pilot assembly needed replaced as well and Rheem said no and I don't believe both are being replaced. Just the gas valve. We will find out. All the parts work together now days. I'm surprised there isn't a electronic circuit board involved.
so gas valve tells the pilot to light. Being it doesn't light, but apparently there is gas flowing to manually light it? That seems like a problem!

I thought the thermocouple supplied the juice to the gas valve to open...is there a pilot light all the time? or is there supposed to be one?

I thought the thermocouple supplied the juice to the gas valve to open...is there a pilot light all the time? or is there supposed to be one?
THe manual spark is piezo. I don't know if it's a constant lit pilot or not.

Okay, it looks like when the temp in the tank or pressure reaches a certain point, then the valve opens or closes. all this fancy stuff to save a little bit of gas...more stuff to break. Thank-you for the education...I dread when ours goes out.

so gas valve tells the pilot to light. Being it doesn't light, but apparently there is gas flowing to manually light it? That seems like a problem!
Ah, THey did replace the pilot assembly as per Rheem tech. Just a half hour labor considered an add on. Of course the whole burner assembly had to be removed. The old thermocouple R&R was a 15 min deal. These new ones, not so much.

Thermocouple detects heat from the pilot light which allows the valve to open, it's just a sensor and doesn't supply any juice/voltage.. it basically keeps it so your furnace/water heater doens't just spew gas out when there is no pilot light.

Usually about a $13 part and takes a few mins to change, and is usually the issue.

Side squirrel.... here are the 2 streamliners I will be helping with in September at Bonneville

Salad for lunch. I didn't have any shredded chicken but I did have some smoked turkey.

20240801_123108.jpg

Man that just sounds amazing. Totally jealous right here.
So, it was commented during our meeting, when it is my turn, the first meeting should be at the hospital so everyone can get tetanus shots. silly boys.

You will be there when it is my turn as well as a few others

Looks like the C130 landing near by is a go for Sunday morning, busy hwy gets shut down for hours just 7 miles away, this test is to assure us incase of a bad earthquake supplies can be flown in, hope to watch this landing.
Hwy closes at midnight Saturday and re opens mid morning Sunday.

View attachment 1716283640
Shoot around here they just land in cornfields while people snap pictures from the road

-
Back