Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Wife helped me bake a zucchini cake.
IMG_20240804_131040.jpg

Is there any other way to do a restoration ???? Rear wiring, trunk lock hardware, fuel tank and associated parts all out today. Just have the shocks left to get off, some brackets underneath, and the fuel and brake line under the car. Thinking next week I can get it on a rollback and get it to the Stripper...
PXL_20240804_182843955.jpg
PXL_20240804_182928308.MP.jpg
PXL_20240804_182917781.jpg

Hmm... Seat frame is roached where the bull rings go. I think I can clean it up and tack a piece in to replace it. Anyone tried that before?

Is it "weldable" material?

The car was definitely originally white though

View attachment 1716285058
Be sure and set up some practice pieces to dial in your temp. Settings. Oddly enough sometimes welding that kind of stuff while counterintuitive setting just a bit hotter is actually better. That way you can hit it and get off super quick. You hang around and the whole thing turns to poo. (Where is Karl?)

Be sure and set up some practice pieces to dial in your temp. Settings. Oddly enough sometimes welding that kind of stuff while counterintuitive setting just a bit hotter is actually better. That way you can hit it and get off super quick. You hang around and the whole thing turns to poo. (Where is Karl?)
No poo allowed...

The area at the hump and the drivers side are good. I'll measure those
16 gauge is actually right at 1/16th of an inch. 14 ga is a bit thicker! Not a lot of 14 ga in there but I am not familiar with your car? But I would guess @Icetech is correct 14 is like a welders dream, very thick. Remember welders and hookers have similar demands.
More heat
More rod
More money

You going with acid dip?
No, I have a guy local that will media blast it. I'll take it to him on the rotisserie. He knows what he's doing, uses many different media's. He got started in Marine doing Boat bottoms mobily, after they were hauled out of water. Lot and Lots of Boats around here. 4 years ago , he built a huge building at his farm to blast in. He has done a lot of cars. I'll be sure that we discuss What Media is to be used..... :thumbsup:

16 gauge is actually right at 1/16th of an inch. 14 ga is a bit thicker! Not a lot of 14 ga in there but I am not familiar with your car? But I would guess @Icetech is correct 14 is like a welders dream, very thick. Remember welders and hookers have similar demands.
More heat
More rod
More money
:rofl:

More heat
More rod
More money
i never thought bout it but 14ga would make **** sooo much easier :)

Just look at these Antiques !!!!!!!
Got to wonder how long those were on this 70 Cuda. He probably had some big old wide tires on the back that wouldn't fit in the wheel wells..
PXL_20240804_192850341.jpg

-
Back