Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Not a Mopar but awesome!

Morning!
Another decent day. Will resume 37 project today. My goal is to get dash wiring finished. And drain gas, fill with fresh premium.

I hear that, both of our cars need 89, once and I while I "treat" them with Supreme, ouch!
I'm not sure what fuel my car will need... i think 91+.. kinda wanna lower compression so i can just run 87 and save thousands :)

so quick question.. i'm putting in offset bushings in my UCAs to get as much caster as possible... is there a reason to not set camber/caster with the wheels off and lcas on jackstands? would just be much easier than working around the tires..

Well I am packing up for yet another road trip. Five hours down to the Border, crash in some dive hotel. Long day teaching at University tomorrow. Then rinse and repeat on way home. If I was younger I would just bail after teaching and gut it out on drive home. Nope, not now. Putting a five hour drive on top of a twelve hour day is a recipe for disaster for me now. A few years back I would not have batted an eye.

Nothing like having a pissed off worker doing critical stuff. Thats a bad command decision there.
He’s a truck mechanic too… not all that critical in the grand scheme. But yeah I bet his jobs now take 10 times as long. Need a battery swapped? 12 days would be what I’d tell them

so quick question.. i'm putting in offset bushings in my UCAs to get as much caster as possible... is there a reason to not set camber/caster with the wheels off and lcas on jackstands? would just be much easier than working around the tires..
You want the camber and caster set at ride height with the weight of the vehicle

455028976_10161409841605821_7891803022758539973_n.jpg
Morning !

yes.. which if the lower control arms are on jackstands would be the same wouldn't it?
In my mind, no as the weight wouldn’t be on the farthest point from the center line. But I’m no expert just thinking out loud

Question, is there is right or wrong way to take up the slop in a manual steering box? Loosen jamb nut, turn the screw, I assume. Maybe 1/4 to 1/2 turn at a time?

Question, is there is right or wrong way to take up the slop in a manual steering box? Loosen jamb nut, turn the screw, I assume. Maybe 1/4 to 1/2 turn at a time?
Thats what I do but remember there is one more adjustment. Most FSM's have it in it.

1723467200681.png

-
Back