Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I miss the days when Maytag products lasted forever
Screenshot_20240815-085234_Google.png

My home is almost 25 yrs old. On our 2nd freezer, 3rd fridge, fixed furnace,2nd well pump and now 3rd microwave. Plus more to come
My Home is 39 yrs old, so you can imagine. Yes all of the original stuff lasted long. But have replaced the well pump, 2 hvac syst's, washer, dryer, refrigerator microwave, dishwasher....Yup new stuff is Crap.......

Breakfast this morning. Beef fried rice with bacon egg and shallots. Some local watermelon. And of course the obligatory iced tea.
PXL_20240815_123141841.jpg
PXL_20240815_123801282.MP.jpg

Actually.. i think that's what i'll do tonight is put my taillights back in... soo tempted to paint the whole rear panel.. getting to the point that i'm gonna end up repainting the whole car 1 panel at a time

Actually.. i think that's what i'll do tonight is put my taillights back in... soo tempted to paint the whole rear panel.. getting to the point that i'm gonna end up repainting the whole car 1 panel at a time
At least you're painting!

I found a right side when with Keith at a Carlisle show almost missed it think it was $50. Got lucky but then 100 was high on them. Tell you what Mopar parts almost tripled in the last two years.

I found a right side when with Keith at a Carlisle show almost missed it think it was $50. Got lucky but then 100 was high on them. Tell you what Mopar parts almost tripled in the last two years.
Yeah... if i had known how bad prices had gotten before i got this car (last car was 25 years ago) i probably would have gotten a newer challenger or c5 vette again..

Wow this screams Mopar!

Yeah... if i had known how bad prices had gotten before i got this car (last car was 25 years ago) i probably would have gotten a newer challenger or c5 vette again..
I went to the corvette show with Mitch in Carlisle. Weird show no one but grey hairs walking around the swap area. Think Sat we were talking to some guy and mentioned it. He had it figured out. Said if your say 30 and have 150,000 for a car would you buy a old one and have to look for a mechanic and parts or just buy a new one and it has a ten-year warrantee!

I went to the corvette show with mitch in Carlisle. Weird show no one but grey hairs walking around the swap area. Think Sat we were talking to some guy and mentioned it. He had it figured out. Said if your say 30 and have 150,000 for a car would you buy a old one and have to look for a mechanic and parts or just buy a new one and it has a ten-year warrantee!
Well.. i owned a C5 and it's one of my favorite cars i ever owned.. put in 4.10s with the 5 speed and that thing was a party... i bought a brand new c6 grandsport and i HATED that car... sold it with 2600 miles and ate 20k.. I actually kind of enjoy working on my car when i am not pissed at it :) I think i enjoy working on it more than even the thought of driving it.. which is odd.. i have no desire to hit the road yet..

I will say though... the c5/c6 vettes are sooo insanely easy to work on that it surprised me.. rear end/trans? pull in 40 mins alone on a garage floor..

i'm lucky with that ****.. my fridge/washer/dryer/microwave are all 25-40 years old... still working perfect..
We bought new appliances and will be getting them soon. Our kitchen was remodeled by the previous owners in 1984 and our appliances are barely limping along.

We bought new appliances and will be getting them soon. Our kitchen was remodeled by the previous owners in 1984 and our appliances are barely limping along.
I have a buddy that guys the most expensive ****...like Bosch washer/dryer combo.. and that stuff breaks all the time.. when i bought my house in 2002 i bought a super cheap highpoint washer, chugging along just fine still :)

I am out have to find a trans pan filter and gasket, got the wrong ones from RA. R/T's have three different options, this is rubber coated steel.

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, and the rest of you. :poke:
Shopping day for me and house cleaning. :BangHead:

-
Back