Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Not morning here. Yet.
Sitting a mile away from airport waiting for buddy’s plane to land. I always show up way too early, and have to sit somewhere and wait.
No mobile phone waiting area. Stupid airport.

Ok. Its morning. Should be any minute now. Im hungry..

Not much going on this early in the morning. I could use some sleep. One of those nights where I wake up at 3 and can't get back to sleep.
:BangHead: :BangHead:

Not much going on this early in the morning. I could use some sleep. One of those nights where I wake up at 3 and can't get back to sleep.
:BangHead: :BangHead:
I got up and cleaned up two pee events and one poop. Progress for sure! She is only having accidents at night. I have to remember we have not even had her for ten days yet. And she was super sick the first half of that. I got her up to eleven pounds as of yesterday. I swear I am watching her grow now every day.

1723720138099.jpeg

So update on my buddy who they denied retirement on.

He filed with JAG, nothing can be done
He filed an IG complaint, IG says tough crap, nothing can be done
He filed TAG complaint, they told him tough crap
So no he’s reached out to one of our Senators in hopes that they can do something about it. Not likely.

I could see this if they were deploying or something but it’s not. He’s just a wheeled vehicle mechanic and just wants to retire and move west.

Problem is no one wants that job anymore.
well kind of.

Without pushing the limits on political crap, officially, the state only discharged 147 people for refusing the Covid shots.
What they aren’t telling any one is the number that they blocked or cancelled contract extensions on. For our state, That number is over 1200, mostly older NCOs. That makes for about a 12 percent reduction in force. Combine that with the ETS/seperation rate at the highest it’s been since 1974, the lowest recruiting numbers in history, we have a shortfall in personnel. Massively.

Heading to the Steam Tractor and Old Engine Show in Buckley, MI today. Love seeing that old iron still running and being kept up.

I’ll take some pictures to share. There’s a boiler section out of one that’s been laying up there for years that is ripped wide open. Guessing there’s a long forgotten story about that!

I got back to sleep at 4:30 or so. Just woke up and I can see a nap in my near future. I think I'll do that instead of coffee.

BTW.. this place has been dead in the morning for the last couple weeks... normal late summer stuff?

-
Back