Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My friend that does custom upholstery doesn't even scratch build restoration covers. He just orders from Legendary. He can't duplicate them for the price.
We chatted on the phone this morning about the stitching and piping

They'll stitch in the pattern, unlike the pressed vinyl like the Legendary skins

This look, just with the ivory vinyl mixed in

Screenshot_20240820-112320_Photos.png

I have a buddy locally that does interiors as well. He has done many restorations and customs.

We chatted on the phone this morning about the stitching and piping

They'll stitch in the pattern, unlike the pressed vinyl like the Legendary skins

This look, just with the ivory vinyl mixed in

View attachment 1716292148
The pressed stitching is original...although I'm not real sure...legendary is usually 100 percent like original

Newton's law. Whatever will go wrong, will go wrong. Nothing ever goes as planned. Just need to accept that. Got stuff moved around in the garage, secured and lowered the car on the rotisserie. Had a couple of buddies help me get it outside. And there it sits. Tried four different towing companies today to move this thing, 5 mi away. LOL. Actually had a guy show up here with a truck that was too small to handle the load. The bed was not long enough. Now have contacted a heavier duty towing company that will come tomorrow morning and pick it up.. haven't had a beer or an alcoholic beverage in 3 weeks. But I just went out and bought a few beers. LOL
PXL_20240820_175932648.jpg
PXL_20240820_180044704.jpg
PXL_20240820_180100739.jpg

Newton's law. Whatever will go wrong, will go wrong. Nothing ever goes as planned. Just need to accept that. Got stuff moved around in the garage, secured and lowered the car on the rotisserie. Had a couple of buddies help me get it outside. And there it sits. Tried four different towing companies today to move this thing, 5 mi away. LOL. Actually had a guy show up here with a truck that was too small to handle the load. The bed was not long enough. Now have contacted a heavier duty towing company that will come tomorrow morning and pick it up.. haven't had a beer or an alcoholic beverage in 3 weeks. But I just went out and bought a few beers. LOL
View attachment 1716292230View attachment 1716292231View attachment 1716292232
Improvise, adapt and overcome! Well done Mitch!

When you get that back from blasting do you clean out any media and epoxy it right away to stop flash rust or start fixing metal first? Actually.. does that thing even have any rust?

With those wheels, put a coupler on the front and tow it:thumbsup: redneck towing at its finest

When you get that back from blasting do you clean out any media and epoxy it right away to stop flash rust or start fixing metal first? Actually.. does that thing even have any rust?
When it gets back, it must be sprayed with rust inhibitor immediately , then sprayed with Epoxy Primer... Hope that all goes Logistically Well. Hard to depend upon Anybody these days... :mob:

Today i am reminded why i hate working on late models. This water pump is a nightmare. Oh well, keep plugging away. Break’s over!

3 hrs and pump is out. 19 bolts/nuts just on water pump. +4 pulley bolts. And pulley comes out loose on pump,as no room to remove. Put back in morning..had enough.

Well when you’re done and wanna sell that rotisserie, let me know

Wow just checked into Legendary, 154 day lead time for a bench seat cover for my truck….

So I got the new fuel tank in the 59 Apache, new dist. in the hole, carb on and everything hooked up. I can't find the timing mark to set the Dist. so just brought it up on TDC and hope for the best. took the valve cover off to set the timing and thought I'd find lots of **** under it but no really clean in there.

IMG_20240820_165053673_HDR.jpg

-
Back