Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
@Frodee i see why you warned me bout hard tape lines in primer.. i have sanded them out 3 times to where i can't see or feel em.. put paint on and there they are.. just wtf.. good enough for now.. just annoying

@Frodee i see why you warned me bout hard tape lines in primer.. i have sanded them out 3 times to where i can't see or feel em.. put paint on and there they are.. just wtf.. good enough for now.. just annoying
Yea I understand I learned the hard way. I'm not the best body guy on the block but I learn from my mistakes. :BangHead:

Yea I understand I learned the hard way. I'm not the best body guy on the block but I learn from my mistakes. :BangHead:
i think i might buy a new gun.. i just went through re sanding the quarters and i either get bad orange peel or if i make it wet enough to smooth out i get runs.. which i have again.. tried a lvlp gun and it's just not working for me.. i'm sure i'm not the issue :)

That's the gun i'm using and i see guys do great **** with it and i can't get it... unless it's the paint i'm using, haven't tried any other paint with it

Newton's law. Whatever will go wrong, will go wrong. Nothing ever goes as planned. Just need to accept that. Got stuff moved around in the garage, secured and lowered the car on the rotisserie. Had a couple of buddies help me get it outside. And there it sits. Tried four different towing companies today to move this thing, 5 mi away. LOL. Actually had a guy show up here with a truck that was too small to handle the load. The bed was not long enough. Now have contacted a heavier duty towing company that will come tomorrow morning and pick it up.. haven't had a beer or an alcoholic beverage in 3 weeks. But I just went out and bought a few beers. LOL
View attachment 1716292230View attachment 1716292231View attachment 1716292232
Go rent a trailer and deliver it yourself.:thumbsup:

Hard tape lines?

Hard tape lines?
yeah.. i was only doing partial panels so when i primered i taped off and primers upto the tape and figured meh.. i'll just sand it smooth and then paint over em.. and they just never seem to go away.. i think it was frodee that saw a pic and warned me bout it and he was right

Like this...

And i think i might just put the car in primer... it looks much better :)

2024-06-09 16.06.27.jpg

anyway.. not in a bad mood.. it is what it is.. will be doing it for a 4th time after it cures :)
Not sure what your paint is like but makes a big difference in the way you spray it on. That video on the guy painting is bull **** as far as I see. If he's using a HVLP gun his air pressure is way to high and your better off slowing down and watching your spray pattern then just throwing the paint around like a wild man. I can go on about that video but I won't .
Cheap paint is going to be a crap finish as far as I'm concerned. Best to use Quality paint and if it was me I'd use DuPont because it is easy to get it to lay down flat.

Not sure what your paint is like but makes a big difference in the way you spray it on. That video on the guy painting is bull **** as far as I see. If he's using a HVLP gun his air pressure is way to high and your better off slowing down and watching your spray pattern then just throwing the paint around like a wild man. I can go on about that video but I won't .
Cheap paint is going to be a crap finish as far as I'm concerned. Best to use Quality paint and if it was me I'd use DuPont because it is easy to get it to lay down flat.
haha yeah.. i just grabbed a vid real quick.. he's uing a LVLP gun and he's hosing it on and moving insanely fast.. saw that after i posted it..

Don't give up just get it close and wait a year and repaint it. By then the paint will be fully cured and do it again.
yeah.. i put and extra coat, i'm gonna try to polish it good enough, just worried bout painting the fenders, no big thing.. it will be shiny and one color, and good from 200ft or so :)

yeah.. i was only doing partial panels so when i primered i taped off and primers upto the tape and figured meh.. i'll just sand it smooth and then paint over em.. and they just never seem to go away.. i think it was frodee that saw a pic and warned me bout it and he was right
Only way to get rid of that line is sand the edge down to metal or bondo at this point.

I am depressed and crushed. I was mowing at Andy's house. He had his hammock hanging from the clothesline. Not just a common hammock but one he made himself a few years ago. Special ultra lightweight material and all that for mountain backpacking. It was a turd to sew on the machine and took him weeks and hundreds of dollars to complete. I mowed within a few feet of it and when I came back for the second pass (a few feet farther away) the mower deck picked up one of the strings and wrapped it around the blades thoroughly destroying it. I am so sorry and feel so bad. I don't know how I can make it better. Man, I really screwed this up.

I am depressed and crushed. I was mowing at Andy's house. He had his hammock hanging from the clothesline. Not just a common hammock but one he made himself a few years ago. Special ultra lightweight material and all that for mountain backpacking. It was a turd to sew on the machine and took him weeks and hundreds of dollars to complete. I mowed within a few feet of it and when I came back for the second pass (a few feet farther away) the mower deck picked up one of the strings and wrapped it around the blades thoroughly destroying it. I am so sorry and feel so bad. I don't know how I can make it better. Man, I really screwed this up.
Damn man.. accidents happen... i hope he's not too upset

Damn man.. accidents happen... i hope he's not too upset
I expected him to be really mad. but he's not that way. I apologised a dozen times I bet. I am looking at commercially made ones but like he said "not like this one". Hopefully we can find a good replacement. I can't bring back one he made himself.

I don't see how he could be upset at you. How could you know that would happen.

-
Back