Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I was looking at 6spd stuff today.. that's the dream :)
It’s actually not bad.

So I wanted a T56 mag for years, was searching for the 98+ style because that’s what all the Mopar BB to t56 or t56 magnum conversion bellhousings are designed to fit.

However, after some research, I found that the only difference between the LT1 and the LS1 t56 version was the front plate and input shafts, found an authorized Tremec dealer can order a front plate conversion kit. So I looked for and found an LT1 t56 in bowling green. 750 bucks. Picked it up, ordered the conversion kit( I started a write up on this and never finished), for 450 bucks, another 650 for the QuickTime bell housing conversion, 400 bucks for a factory Tremec T56 magnum rebuild kit, which the biggest difference between the t56 and the t56 magnum is the bearing material and shifter pad material(steel vs bronze), so for the cost of 2250 bucks, I have a built for my 440 t56 built to magnum specs. Junkyard LS1 t56s run about 3500 around here and I still would have had the 650 dollar bellhousing cost on top of that.

It’s actually not bad.

So I wanted a T56 mag for years, was searching for the 98+ style because that’s what all the Mopar BB to t56 or t56 magnum conversion bellhousings are designed to fit.

However, after some research, I found that the only difference between the LT1 and the LS1 t56 version was the front plate and input shafts, found an authorized Tremec dealer can order a front plate conversion kit. So I looked for and found an LT1 t56 in bowling green. 750 bucks. Picked it up, ordered the conversion kit( I started a write up on this and never finished), for 450 bucks, another 650 for the QuickTime bell housing conversion, 400 bucks for a factory Tremec T56 magnum rebuild kit, which the biggest difference between the t56 and the t56 magnum is the bearing material and shifter pad material(steel vs bronze), so for the cost of 2250 bucks, I have a built for my 440 t56 built to magnum specs. Junkyard LS1 t56s run about 3500 around here and I still would have had the 650 dollar bellhousing cost on top of that.
yeah i was looking at kits and they aren't cheap.. but would be cool :)

yeah i was looking at kits and they aren't cheap.. but would be cool :)
No need to do the kit. Even though I did that over the course of 2019/2020, surprisingly the costs for those exact parts haven’t gone up as much as I thought that they would have.

The hardest part is making the trans crossmember but even then, if I can do it anyone. Or they can buy the 160 buck universal trans crossmember from speedway motors that bolts in

No need to do the kit. Even though I did that over the course of 2019/2020, surprisingly the costs for those exact parts haven’t gone up as much as I thought that they would have.

The hardest part is making the trans crossmember but even then, if I can do it anyone. Or they can buy the 160 buck universal trans crossmember from speedway motors that bolts in
hardest part for me would be doing the pedal.... back under the dash again... although. i would have the intrerior out for cutting/welding... wouldn't be too bad

So another proud papa moment. My 10 year old daughter is quite the artist, she loves it does well at it etc. After nearly 14 months of talking me into it, I finally broke down and loaned her an advance in her allowance, to which we spent an hour at Hobby Lobby, stocking up on supplies. Bonus: everything she needed was 60 percent off, so we bought 100 percent more than we set out too haha.

But anyway, she’s going to attempt to sell the completed works when she’s done. Her 4H project that she got Grand Champ with last year had 3 ladies offer to buy it, including the judge!

hardest part for me would be doing the pedal.... back under the dash again... although. i would have the intrerior out for cutting/welding... wouldn't be too bad
The hardest part of that is deciding if you want factory pedals or not.

I went with Triton pedals, I got each pedal individually so I can set them for my wide feet, even factory A body ones are too close together for my liking

But they also make a bolt to the floor 3 pedal kit that you’d just have to run lines thru the firewall.

The hardest part of that is deciding if you want factory pedals or not.

I went with Triton pedals, I got each pedal individually so I can set them for my wide feet, even factory A body ones are too close together for my liking

But they also make a bolt to the floor 3 pedal kit that you’d just have to run lines thru the firewall.
Nice, i am gonna put manual trans on the far off list :) didn't know bout the triton will look em up

Bad day. Got the gas line moved for the new dryer to the tune of $520. The short flex line hooked up nicely. The dryer vent is a mess. The washer and dryer are supposed to fit in a nook (down in the basement.) Well, the nook isn't deep enough for the depth of the dryer. The front legs hang over the edge of the slab the machines set on. (probably 3" or so above the basement floor. THe 4" crimped vent tube on the dryer doesn't come out far enough to clear the hump on the back of the dryer so I made another trip to Menards for an extension which of course doesn't fit on the crimp. My blood pressure was probably 300. I called the wife and told her to get home, we have issues. I told her I was done being a contractor. She can call whoever to get it fixed. She can all and write the check. Not me. I'm done. MEanwhile I guess I will be taking my laundry to a laundromat to get it done. I'm about of socks and underwear. Thanks for listening. I may check out of these forums a well. I am done trying to solve problems.

Last edited:
Nice, i am gonna put manual trans on the far off list :) didn't know bout the triton will look em up
They build stuff for sports cars and F1, nascar , SCCA etc. it’s good stuff

Bad day. Got the gas line moved to the tune of $520. The short flex line hooked up nicely. The dryer vent is a mess. The washer and dryer are supposed to fit in a nook (down in the basement.) Well, the nook isn't deep enough for the depth of the dryer. The front legs hang over the edge of the slab the machines set on. (probably 3" or so above the basement floor. THe 4" crimped vent tube on the dryer doesn't come out far enough to clear the hump on the back of the dryer so I made another trip to Menards for an extension which of course doesn't fit on the crimp. My blood pressure was probably 300. I called the wife and told her to get home, we have issues. I told her I was done being a contractor. She can call whoever to get it fixed. She can all and write the check. Not me. I'm done. MEanwhile I guess I will be taking my laundry to a laundromat to get it done. I'm about of socks and underwear. Thanks for listening. I may check out of these forums a well. I am done trying to solve problems.
Hope your day is Better tomorrow Mike.........

Bad day. Got the gas line moved to the tune of $520. The short flex line hooked up nicely. The dryer vent is a mess. The washer and dryer are supposed to fit in a nook (down in the basement.) Well, the nook isn't deep enough for the depth of the dryer. The front legs hang over the edge of the slab the machines set on. (probably 3" or so above the basement floor. THe 4" crimped vent tube on the dryer doesn't come out far enough to clear the hump on the back of the dryer so I made another trip to Menards for an extension which of course doesn't fit on the crimp. My blood pressure was probably 300. I called the wife and told her to get home, we have issues. I told her I was done being a contractor. She can call whoever to get it fixed. She can all and write the check. Not me. I'm done. MEanwhile I guess I will be taking my laundry to a laundromat to get it done. I'm about of socks and underwear. Thanks for listening. I may check out of these forums a well. I am done trying to solve problems.
Vent as much as you need Mike, you had a few days of hell and need a good vacation. Sorry my friend I don't think I could handle the ****.

Bad day. Got the gas line moved to the tune of $520. The short flex line hooked up nicely. The dryer vent is a mess. The washer and dryer are supposed to fit in a nook (down in the basement.) Well, the nook isn't deep enough for the depth of the dryer. The front legs hang over the edge of the slab the machines set on. (probably 3" or so above the basement floor. THe 4" crimped vent tube on the dryer doesn't come out far enough to clear the hump on the back of the dryer so I made another trip to Menards for an extension which of course doesn't fit on the crimp. My blood pressure was probably 300. I called the wife and told her to get home, we have issues. I told her I was done being a contractor. She can call whoever to get it fixed. She can all and write the check. Not me. I'm done. MEanwhile I guess I will be taking my laundry to a
Hope you have a better night, try to relax a bit if you can

Take a break bud, deep breathes. We’ve all been there. If you need anything, text or call.

Sometimes the best tool you have to fix things is the pen and checkbook.
Less stress and more time for fun.

Sometimes the best tool you have to fix things is the pen and checkbook.
Less stress and more time for fun.
I have no money to just write out a check and call it good. I go in the garage and make something new or just polish the old car. It helps with stress.

Mental health first Mike

Hope it gets sorted quick

So got back from the Walmart… a dozen eggs, Walmart brand… 4.25 a dozen. Just on Saturday, according to the receipts, 2.78…. Wth. And to top that off, online shows a different price yet…

So got back from the Walmart… a dozen eggs, Walmart brand… 4.25 a dozen. Just on Saturday, according to the receipts, 2.78…. Wth. And to top that off, online shows a different price yet…
For that price they would still be on the shelf.

For that price they would still be on the shelf.
They are… I stopped by the neighbors and paid 6 bucks for 2 dozen eggs from her chickens. Usually she is sold out but she happened to not be. Rather pay her 3-4 bucks per than the Walmart

-
Back