Stop in for a cup of coffee

-

Problem with the aftermarket fuel tank sending units the resistor is not wrapped linear on a triangular on the wiper board, they are even on a square board.

fuel sender Non-Linear Board.jpg

fuel sender Linear Board.jpg

Thats the big one. Have a friend that takes the new ones and cuts a board and re wraps it. I always wondered why they never used a capacitance system like aircraft.
I am hoping if Chris is not going to use old he will sell to me....

I think it's the shape of the tank The rectangle shape would work if the tank was the same shape.
Just weird that every retailer has the same one.... So, somewhere, things went sideways.

OE sits about an inch off the bottom of the tank. Replacement is right down against the bottom

IMG_20240831_200621779_HDR_AE.jpg

IMG_20240831_201032989_HDR_AE.jpg

I think it's the shape of the tank The rectangle shape would work if the tank was the same shape.
Prob dead on in a rectangular tank. The fuel senders were one of the systems I had to work on. Pretty interesting a bunch of tubes with a smaller tube in it usually 4 or 5 in a c-130 tank so when it banked the fuel level sent the same capacitance to the gauge. Ony way they ever failed was a wire came off usually after someone was in the fuel tank and the wires got pulled.

NOS are out there just not cheap. Actually saw one on Tempest this am, think they wanted 250.

I have been looking. Bought a NOS one. Big bucks. Not NOS same bs from China.
When I tried to return it he told me I must have switched the part. No refund. We know the creep well on this forum...I did not know that was who was selling

When I tried to return it he told me I must have switched the part. No refund. We know the creep well on this forum...I did not know that was who was selling
Bob strikes again! He is now banned. Only guy in a hover round I have ever cursed out! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :icon_fU:

Then gave him a beer. Pretty funny

Is not very accurate
Probably made for a square tank. If the gauge reads full when I leave the pumps and is reasonably close to empty when it says E I am pretty good with that. Mine was a Spectre (I believe) and is just on accurate wise.

-
Back