Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Whoa.....

Screenshot_20240921-090426_Facebook.png

I had that happen a few times when trying to buy the camper van. One guy was in Ohio and against my own beliefs I told him I wanted it and would send a down payment. he said " No it's yours come get it" I took the day off and said I am on my way and it was then he told me it was sold. Creeps
Nice young female friend, was shopping for a car. Made a deal with a seller, got on a bus then walked 6 blocks in a near snowstorm to arrive on the doorstep where the guy announced it was sold. That was downright dirty.

These "sold it" stories remind me of when I made a deal with a guy down in Seattle for a Toyota Landcruiser hard top. Settled on a price, he gave me the address and I told him I was coming down in my Suburban. I showed up and he answered the door, ran out into the yard looking right and left proclaiming it was stolen, he was not a good actor and I burned quite a bit of fuel getting down there!!

These "sold it" stories remind me of when I made a deal with a guy down in Seattle for a Toyota Landcruiser hard top. Settled on a price, he gave me the address and I told him I was coming down in my Suburban. I showed up and he answered the door, ran out into the yard looking right and left proclaiming it was stolen, he was not a good actor and I burned quite a bit of fuel getting down there!!
:mad::icon_fU::mad:

Yeah... C'mon be an adult.

Glad it didn't happen when I was dragging Scott across PA paying multiple axle tolls and gas.

Around the corner there's a couple trucks now parked out in front of guys property. He had an Elco out there for awhile, might go snap a couple of pics and post with "what's this"? Don't know the years on the trucks

Yeah, Not only that, but the 4.7 V8 get bad fuel milage. I had a very nice 04 quad cab with the 4.7. Was a Gas Pig.......
Depends what you call bad gas mileage. My Jeep Grand Cherokee would get 15 MPG towing a 10' trailer loaded to the hilt with motorcycles and 19 around town. ANd the 4.7 is the easiest engine to work on until you come to the timing chains

-
Back