Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I' get to play Sparky this morning and find out where the electricity went for the left tail lights on my truck. I will start at the fuse box. Damn newer stuff has a fuse for every wire. I wonder if I have a wiring issue on my trailer. First year parked outside. Critters been chewing?

I got my battery adapter in. For the 18v. pod style DeWalt to the 20v. slide in's. I must have sold the charger for those old batteries when on the truck. THe pod Lithium's are a bit of an oddball. THey were a stepping stone to the Lithium slide ins.

20240923_081502.jpg

20240923_081510.jpg

I' get to play Sparky this morning and find out where the electricity went for the left tail lights on my truck. I will start at the fuse box. Damn newer stuff has a fuse for every wire. I wonder if I have a wiring issue on my trailer. First year parked outside. Critters been chewing?
Happy hunting Mike!

A blown fuse so far. Off to the parts store. I don't have any of the mini's in stock! Yet. LOL

Mike do yourself a favor get a CB just for troubleshooting instead of blowing new fuses. Find it then fuse it.

Morning all hope you're all doing well. Not much going on here. Cheryl's mom has been in the hospital and now a rehab hospital for a heart issue. The heart is fixed and she gets released to go home Wednesday. Hopefully the travel back and forth to Kansas City slows down. Got a message from the daughter living in Florida. They are in the path of the hurricane arriving in the panhandle later this week. We are now on a short notice to head south and meet them for a grand kids pickup. If they take a bad hit schools will be closed my daughter works for the police department and SNL is a Air Force fire fighter so, they'll be busy. So as any weather event we wait and see. Have a great day!!

Morning all hope you're all doing well. Not much going on here. Cheryl's mom has been in the hospital and now a rehab hospital for a heart issue. The heart is fixed and she gets released to go home Wednesday. Hopefully the travel back and forth to Kansas City slows down. Got a message from the daughter living in Florida. They are in the path of the hurricane arriving in the panhandle later this week. We are now on a short notice to head south and meet them for a grand kids pickup. If they take a bad hit schools will be closed my daughter works for the police department and SNL is a Air Force fire fighter so, they'll be busy. So as any weather event we wait and see. Have a great day!!
Just saw that on the news, Hope it all works out.

Good news about Cheryl's Mom . Hope all goes well!!

Postive vibes for sure Craig. Good to hear Mom is on the mend.

A blown fuse so far. Off to the parts store. I don't have any of the mini's in stock! Yet. LOL
Replaced the fuse and all is ok on the truck. Hook itup to the trailer and no left tail or side marker. Ah. Here's the problem. The trailer harness is quite long so I wrapped it around the tongue. When I unhitch, the tongue smashes the harness. Oops!

20240923_091700.jpg

Last edited:
Good to hear from you Sir! Hope everyone continues to heal and stays safe.

Replaced the fuse and all is ok on the truck. Hook itup to the trailer and no left tail or side marker. Ah. Here's the problem. The trailer harness is quite long so I wrapped it around the tongue. When I unhitch, the tongue smashes the harness. Oops!

View attachment 1716306905
Fixed. I have 3 trays of connectors but no solder connectors. All solderless with no shrink tube on the ends. I need to step up my game. I have a nice assortment of shrink tubes. MAC of course. I just crimped the butt connectors and taped the harness up. I found a few other compromised areas so I cut them out. A little shorter harness won't hurt a thing. It should last for many years. My small trailer is just used to haul my rider a couple miles in town.

Hope the best for your family Craig.

Thanks! Early riser here. I do work but from home part time. Trying hatch a plan to retire when I’m 60 which is about 35 years from now.
If I would have known this retirement thing was so much fun, I would have started it years ago. :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::rofl::rofl:

-
Back