Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning everyone. Site was jacked up for me late yesterday afternoon. Seems it was for everyone.

Well top o the morning to all y’all. Not national news by any stretch but some great news here locally. Pup had zero accidents last night! Woo Hoo. That is a win. Sighting in rifles again this morning. 25 bucks a pop!
Whatcha sighting in for $25?

Whatcha sighting in for $25?
Whatever they bring, it is just a few weeks away from modern gun. Right now bow season is in full swing. Many of the deer hunters put away their rifles and never touch them between seasons. As a result right before the season starts there is a mad rush to make sure their rifle is sighted in. Of course they don’t have time so they bring them and I sight them in. They bring rifle and ammunition and I get to shoot their rifles! This year I am doing an abundance of straight wall cartridge rifles due to the change in regs.

Whatever they bring, it is just a few weeks away from modern gun. Right now bow season is in full swing. Many of the deer hunters put away their rifles and never touch them between seasons. As a result right before the season starts there is a mad rush to make sure their rifle is sighted in. Of course they don’t have time so they bring them and I sight them in. They bring rifle and ammunition and I get to shoot their rifles! This year I am doing an abundance of straight wall cartridge rifles due to the change in regs.
Gotcha. I was thinking you decided to hunt with a DSHK for that price per round.

Gotcha. I was thinking you decided to hunt with a DSHK for that price per round.
Hah! If only! 25 dollars is for the whole sight in session. Typically I can get one sighted in at seven shots. Five to get it where it needs to be, and two confirmation shots. I number the shots on the target and give target to customer, along with exact ammunition and distance used written on target. With the price of ammunition these days folks really appreciate how little of their ammo I use. Long gone are the days of five shot groups make adjustment rinse and repeat. While I agree that is a much better way, at todays ammo costs it is not practical.

Good Morning All!

20230808_145045.jpg

Hah! If only! 25 dollars is for the whole sight in session. Typically I can get one sighted in at seven shots. Five to get it where it needs to be, and two confirmation shots. I number the shots on the target and give target to customer, along with exact ammunition and distance used written on target. With the price of ammunition these days folks really appreciate how little of their ammo I use. Long gone are the days of five shot groups make adjustment rinse and repeat. While I agree that is a much better way, at todays ammo costs it is not practical.
This confuses me... Is this like having blood type "O-" and you're the universal zero-er?

But, good for you John Easy money.

:lol:

My computer wasn't having it yesterday morning, had been asking me to "update" to which I picked everything except update now for a couple of days. Then it decided to start me off with a black screen, wouldn't bring up desktop, so I had to. Not sure where all my information goes on those things but I'm sure the update wasn't totally necessary

My computer wasn't having it yesterday morning, had been asking me to "update" to which I picked everything except update now for a couple of days. Then it decided to start me off with a black screen, wouldn't bring up desktop, so I had to. Not sure where all my information goes on those things but I'm sure the update wasn't totally necessary
As annoying as it may seem... most of those updates are fixes to not just the performance but identified security issues that hackers figure out. Good to keep your laptop up to date... phones as well.

Flip side is that as the OS and Apps advance, your old phone or computer will be made obsolete as they build toward the newer machines on the market. That's why I have stayed with factory refurbished. Save a few bucks and I know a technician has been through it.

This has been a public service announcement.

PS>

@Icetech Hope you are doing OK buddy

What do you figure the average range someone is breaking a round anyhow?

Horizontal targets let you be lazy about wind anyhow.... all you need is distance
For here in the mountains of Arkansas I would guess the typical Deer shot is 30-75 yards. Many moons ago I was determined to get a 100 yard pistol shot on a Deer. At that time I was still not using a rifle to hunt with, just pistol. I had to work pretty hard to come up with a 100 yard shot!

-
Back