Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So yesterday, we took a family day trip to a place called Spring Mill. It’s an old town that was founded in 1816, abandoned after the civil war and eventually purchased by the State in 1916. All these buildings are the original structures from the original town. The mill dates to 1816, the others are as new as 1829. They have been restored back in 1934 but not until just this summer when the mill wheel and trough needed restored.

The state now has a nearly year round crew of reenactors manning each building.

Pretty creepy feeling but pretty cool never the less.

The park is also home to the Virgil “Gus” Grissom Memorial and museum. Which houses Molly Brown, the Gemini 3 capsule that Grissom and John Young piloted in Gemini 3. Grissom’s home town and house are mere minutes down the road from here.

Grissom’s space suit from Mercury 2, the infamous mission that sank the capsule, Liberty Bell 7, is also home here as it some personal effect. Grissom was amongst those killed in the Apollo 1 fire in January 1967.

IMG_6627.jpeg

IMG_6630.jpeg

IMG_6626.jpeg

IMG_6624.jpeg

IMG_6625.jpeg

IMG_6621.jpeg

IMG_6619.jpeg

IMG_6620.jpeg

IMG_6618.jpeg

So yesterday, we took a family day trip to a place called Spring Mill. It’s an old town that was founded in 1816, abandoned after the civil war and eventually purchased by the State in 1916. All these buildings are the original structures from the original town. The mill dates to 1816, the others are as new as 1829. They have been restored back in 1934 but not until just this summer when the mill wheel and trough needed restored.

The state now has a nearly year round crew of reenactors manning each building.

Pretty creepy feeling but pretty cool never the less.

The park is also home to the Virgil “Gus” Grissom Memorial and museum. Which houses Molly Brown, the Gemini 3 capsule that Grissom and John Young piloted in Gemini 3. Grissom’s home town and house are mere minutes down the road from here.

Grissom’s space suit from Mercury 2, the infamous mission that sank the capsule, Liberty Bell 7, is also home here as it some personal effect. Grissom was amongst those killed in the Apollo 1 fire in January 1967.

View attachment 1716317498

View attachment 1716317499

View attachment 1716317501

View attachment 1716317502

View attachment 1716317503

View attachment 1716317504

View attachment 1716317505

View attachment 1716317506

View attachment 1716317507
Would be fun to see it all.

Afternoon was out winterizing the travel trailer, and getting the battery tender hooked up. Went in the shop and just had no motivation to do anything in there. Just looked at the cars and what I need to do to fit the second fender on the D150.

Afternoon was out winterizing the travel trailer, and getting the battery tender hooked up. Went in the shop and just had no motivation to do anything in there. Just looked at the cars and what I need to do to fit the second fender on the D150.
Not much done here either Dave.

Got pellets hauled, rounded up volunteers to help with getting 80 bags in the basement. We use a slide that drops them in an area right where we stack them.
Jacked up the part of the barn that was really settled. Hope to splice in the pole tomorrow. Neighbour loaned me his teeny excavator to help with the digging. Except it has backhoe controls,cant be switched to excavator controls. I think. Its wierd to operate.

Hey everyone. Cool and raining. Accomplished notta and kinda feels good. Will be WOT again when I get home.

This was in Williams, Arizona today. Yikes, they can keep it

IMG_20241019_174030.jpg

Another day crawling under the car.

Frame rails done. Wire wheeled the inside of the rear bumper... Primed and top coat. Need to get the 2nd bracket off to clean and paint that.

IMG_20241019_144304944_HDR_AE.jpg

Anyone have any of the cheap racing bucket seats that people put in things like dune buggies

-
Back