Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Cool stuff Dave. Glad you got her squared away..

It's such a relief to have gotten her to this point. Now I can focus on moving forward with other stuff I want to do rather than trying to fix the stuff I've already done.

Next up is the passenger side mirror, getting the HVAC vacuum controls working properly and then getting the radio/stereo wiring cleaned up. At least now I can cruise her around comfortably over the Summer while I'm playing around with that stuff.

car show this weekend local to me. It was OK ...not much in the Mopar world but a few ....a lot of cool street rods and Chevy cars tho.

Pics were taken by my dad with a crappy cell phone since my camera decided to die a couple weeks ago. :(

I was particularly interested in drooling over the 73 dart since I just picked my own 73 dart in may ;)

20160625_134231.jpg

20160625_134150.jpg

20160625_132836.jpg

20160625_125827.jpg

20160625_122621.jpg

20160625_120915.jpg

forgot the really cool John Milner cars ...there were a ton more ...maybe 2,500 cars in all ...it was a huge show

20160625_120907.jpg

20160625_120904.jpg

Interesting to see the "double bubble" hood scoops on the Swinger.

They are a bit too close together and too far forward, but it's a cool idea.

Give me a few minutes and I'll see if I can fix it...

Interesting to see the "double bubble" hood scoops on the Swinger.

They are a bit too close together and too far forward, but it's a cool idea.

Give me a few minutes and I'll see if I can fix it...
I actually don't like the color or the scoops on that car ...(trying too hard to be an earlier model)

but regardless I am just thrilled to see another 73 dart alive and kickin', too many of these cars became victim to being just another "beak" gutted of it's disc brakes and left to die. So any 73+ dart on the road is awesome to me.

The great thing is I got to spend time with my dad and now he got the car bug back after so many years and he actually suggested we build a car together .....OMG FINALLY !!!!

plus he was talking about getting his old 'Cuda out of storage and seeing if it will still start after all these years. It was a great day.

The great thing is I got to spend time with my dad and now he got the car bug back after so many years and he actually suggested we build a car together .....OMG FINALLY !!!!

plus he was talking about getting his old 'Cuda out of storage and seeing if it will still start after all these years. It was a great day.

Now that is a GREAT day!!

What year Cuda?

1969 and I am not just calling it a 'Cuda ...it is a real 'Cuda A56 340 'Cuda. He bought it as a used car in 1972 when he was getting out of high school and it was a family car before I was even born. By the time I moved in with the family , it was still running but showing it's age bad. I used it to learn to drive because it's a 4 speed and he insisted that you don't know how to drive unless you can shift. It was hard for a beginner but I finally got it. After that, it went to the barn and really went downhill and now it resides in a storage unit waiting for him to get the car bug back and it sure has been a long time.

Just for giggles, here are the scoops fixed (just because I wanted to see how it looked). Just a quick 'chop, not perfect...

Swinger double bubble 1.jpg

1969 and I am not just calling it a 'Cuda ...it is a real 'Cuda A56 340 'Cuda. He bought it as a used car in 1972 when he was getting out of high school and it was a family car before I was even born. By the time I moved in with the family , it was still running but showing it's age bad. I used it to learn to drive because it's a 4 speed and he insisted that you don't know how to drive unless you can shift. It was hard for a beginner but I finally got it. After that, it went to the barn
and really went downhill and now it resides in a storage unit waiting for him to get the car bug back and it
sure has been a long time.

Should make a cool Father Daughter project.

Well have to get some sleep. Tomorrow is surprise 60 th B. day party here for the wife. Still have a lot to get done. Two of her sisters are taking her out in the morning to buy some new rose bushes. She has no clue what she is coming home to.LOL

Took the pop for a test ride yesterday on the back roads, went past a friend of mine I used to work with and he was mowing the lawn, stopped to see him once he realized who I was. Did not know he was into MOPARS! Good time talking to him for a few hours catching up. He is actually looking for a 69 notch!

-
Back