Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Do what my buddy used to do ask the kid if he wants a brother, and if he says yes tell him to go tell mom that guy wants to help get me a brother!

That was true saw him do it a few times! Before the world became PC of course.

That was true saw him do it a few times! Before the world became PC of course.
Political correctness is doctrine held out by a delusional minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous media, that proposes that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.. it's crap!

Hey Hoppy, I saw your post about getting the hydraulic fluid off the shop floor and thought I'd share a tip I used back when I had my lift in my shop. Pour some kerosene on the spilled hydraulic fluid and use a broom to scrub it a little and then throw lots of oil dry or clay kitty litter on top and let it sit. After that, use the broom to mix it around and then grind it in by walking on it.

The kero mixes with the hydraulic fluid and creates a low viscosity fluid that wicks rapidly into the oil dry. It will even pull out old oil that has soaked into the concrete. Then when you are done, it will burn due to all the kero in it.

Last edited:
Well I drove the GTS all over town this afternoon with everything from back road cruising, highway runs to a long stretch of stop and go crawl.

I pushed it hard and everything is officially fixed!

Tire rub...gone.
Brake clatter...gone.
Oil leak...gone.

The front height remained exactly where we had put it after adjusting the torsion bars and stayed the same on each side. Total rake from back to front is just about 2.75".

The only adjustment I had to make after getting home was to lean out the idle mixture screws by 1/8 turn each since it was loading up on fuel just a little in the hot stop and go traffic. Not too surprising since I had adjusted them back in the Fall when it was 70° outside.

-
Back