Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I keep saying all mfrs are building junk now.
They have always built junk, just now the junk is 1000x more complicated, and they are being forced to do recalls since people get information instantly... I like seeing recalls.. it means they are actually fixing **** rather than letting it fester.
In the 70s GM knew gas tanks in one their cars would explode... lawyers figured it's cheaper in the long run to settle lawsuits from death than to do recalls to fix it (was like $3.50 per car to fix)... I much prefer the recalls...

When I was young and we went to Irwindale Raceway for the nitro match races we wouldn't eat the burgers at the track. We called them "black top burgers". Over a few blocks from the track, this little place called In n Out. We stop there after we left the track, good stuff :thumbsup: . Later I found out that the founder of In n Out was half in charge of Irwindale and the manager of the concessions :wtf:. :BangHead: Then I think he made those black top burgers so nasty so the spectators would go where he got a bigger cut of the concession income at In n Out :lol:

I've been getting all the weird jobs here in my part time shop. Vehicles with transmission codes, Ecm not communicating codes, Evap emission codes, etc. I don't like that crap. I like easy peasy..... :lol:
Another reason why i switched to classic cars. If im suffering with this leg pain, i dont need added frustration.

IMG_8044.png

I must be the only person that has no issue with newer cars, been driving new grand cherokees for 10 years now and have not had a single problem except 1 bad alternator and i need to replace the battery in my current one which is a ***** (under the passenger seat)

I do only get the V6 though.. heard a lot of issues with the hemi over time (ticking/cam/lifter ****) I love this v6 though. thing just likes to rev and have fun :)

I worked at a GM dealer from 77 to 89. It seems there was always a recall going on. Most were just stupid stuff like a plastic wiring harness deflector for under the windshield washer bottle. :BangHead: I had a couple friends that worked at the Ford dealer and they always had scads of recalls. Most parts were on National backorder. Not a fun combination when you are a service writer answering the phone.

I must be the only person that has no issue with newer cars, been driving new grand cherokees for 10 years now and have not had a single problem except 1 bad alternator and i need to replace the battery in my current one which is a ***** (under the passenger seat)

I do only get the V6 though.. heard a lot of issues with the hemi over time (ticking/cam/lifter ****) I love this v6 though. thing just likes to rev and have fun :)
My son's newer Jeep has a V6 in it. Must be the same one. It is a blast to drive!

My son's newer Jeep has a V6 in it. Must be the same one. It is a blast to drive!
yeah, the motor is like 300hp and with the 8 speed the thing boogies in sport mode and i get good mileage.. i have owned my current one 6 years and i have opened the hood maybe 5 times to do oil changes and that's been it

Morning!
A nicer day than yesterday for sure. Going to see Beetle owner and see where he wants it dropped off. Have to trailer it.

I loved my 4.7

Some of those safety devices in cars :realcrazy: "OK let's put an explosive device 18" in front of the driver's face. I might inflate that fragile fabric bag as a cushion and could protect driver under certain circumstances." :realcrazy:

Car has me stressed.. passenger axle shaft has .0038 runout on the flange, not THAT bad.. but got home last night after 5 miles and felt the rims (had it apart so checking for heat in case something was rubbing) Passenger side was hot.. get the thermal gun and right axle 130 degrees (70 outside) drivers side was 98.... soo.. maybe a bad bearing.. between that and the carrier howling i'm gonna be out another 1000-1200$ plus mufflers another $100... just stressed and annoyed.

Best part is i knew i would hate it when i went with the gears and **** i did.. and here i am :) Always good at giving others advice but my brain will **** me over everytime it can

P.S. and of course the axles are brand new with now 15 miles on them... I swear about half of the new parts i bought end up being ****.

-
Back