Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I am thinking like on a c-130 engine, not hard to do a ring with holes around the engine, a 10 lb co2 or halon ( if I can find it) bottle inside and a fire warning light. Got to figure out a temp for it the compartment usually is pretty hot with that engine and headers.
yeah, headers get, what, 1500 degrees?

I got them wrapped but they still gets hot in there. Guess a temp probe in there with the hood closed. The older c-130 used a optical flame detector, wonder what they run, Would suck to backfire if it is automatic.

Hmm got me thinking a flame detector from a oil burner? I wonder. **** I need to re wire it first! Pretty sure they close a circuit when it is detected.

Hmm got me thinking a flame detector from a oil burner? I wonder. **** I need to re wire it first! Pretty sure they close a circuit when it is detected.
ever hear back from insurance?

Not yet, starting to get ready to call them. Prob having a hard time finding someone around here to look at it.

Not just concourse people.....i am not concourse but i still like matching bolts because it makes me feel happy and fuzzy .....mis matched bolts make me angry and shakey, its not good
Concourse, does that mean "as if it rolled off the production line yesterday"-restauration?

Always wondered what a new car smells like. Anything like wild Smurf Berries.

I am thinking like on a c-130 engine, not hard to do a ring with holes around the engine, a 10 lb co2 or halon ( if I can find it) bottle inside and a fire warning light. Got to figure out a temp for it the compartment usually is pretty hot with that engine and headers.

Most underhood temps stay below 250° or they will add heat protection near the hotter spots...

Yes it will come back more powerful! With a flame suppressor under the hood!
Of that I have no doubt!

I would keep the fire sensor and suppression control separate though. Leave it to the pilot to decide if it's a real fire that needs suppression or not.

After that, you need an ejector seat installed to get you out of there when the **** really goes bad. Shoot you 500 feet in the air and deploy the chute for a safe landing. Just make sure you are wearing a helmet...

After that, you need an ejector seat installed to get you out of there when the **** really goes bad. Shoot you 500 feet in the air and deploy the chute for a safe landing. Just make sure you are wearing a helmet...

Yeah, like a helmet will help.... :rolleyes:

-
Back