Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I had an Oak fall last year that was 3 foot diameter....

It took me about a month to cut and burn most of the wood....

(I burned out electric 2 chain saws last year...)

I've got 4 good stihls, 30+ years old but run like new.

that's what we do, my wife loves camp fires so I built her a fire pit last fall out of bricks. does the job
I like the electric ones because they sit for a long time between uses. Gas ones are too finnicky, especially when they sit for a long time....

not if you drain the gas. Or use aviation fuel which contains 0% ethanol which we do, a tad more expensive but they run perfectly.

i have 4 trees down in my yard, 3 huge cotton woods and a huge maple, im dreading the wood cutting already.
wish I was nearby, I'd get them out of there for you. I might have a cord of wood out back now (most needs split yet). In past,I like to have at least 2 cords ready to go for the woodstove before it gets cold. Got lucky with temps last year and didn't burn much. Even though we had some colder than normal days, overall it was not bad. The heat pump handled most of it. I also have an oil burner. So, If oil price stays down I run it more and might be OK with the firewood I have now.

Hey guys.

I'm at home today since the AC in the house froze up into a solid block of ice blocking all airflow from the fan. I'm in the process of getting it thawed out now so I can figure out why it did it.

While I'm waiting for it to thaw, I made the modifications to the fender brace ends so that it will fit properly on the passenger side firewall. Before and after pics...

fender braces 4.jpg

Hey guys.

I'm at home today since the AC in the house froze up into a solid block of ice blocking all airflow from the fan. I'm in the process of getting it thawed out now so I can figure out why it did it.

While I'm waiting for it to thaw, I made the modifications to the fender brace ends so that it will fit properly on the passenger side firewall. Before and after pics...

View attachment 1714947657
Could also be low on Refrigerant .

It's the central AC in the house. I got it thawed out and it looks like the air filter was mega dirty and was impeding airflow so I replaced it. I just restarted the AC and will see if it freezes up again.

The refrigerant level was my first thought since it was probably set by the builder when the house was constructed and they never get it right. If it does freeze up again, I will get an HVAC service out to check everything.

-
Back