Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
so - day 1 back at work and I am doing some extra hours (just 3) and I am sitting here wondering why I feel all weird and chit... I am having Mopar with drawls!! LOL

Well the A/C has been running fine for the past few hours with no further signs of freezing up. Near as I can tell, it must have been the dirty air filter blocking the flow. I still think the refrigerant level probably isn't right but I'll save that for another day as long as it keep working.

I've got the pest control guys coming out tomorrow to deal with the yellow jacket ground nests. I found a second one in the backyard. Buzz up tonight little yellow stinging bastards for tomorrow you will die...all of you...and your little Queen too!

I also got the fender braces installed. They fit it there nicely! Paint later, now I need to drive it for a while and see if the bars need any more adjustments first.

fender braces 5.jpg

fender braces 5a.jpg

Late to the party. Those factory bars Dad? What application?

Late to the party. Those factory bars Dad? What application?
They are the factory '74-'76 Dart/Duster fender braces.

I had to trim the passenger side end a little where it mounts to the firewall since the earlier firewalls don't have the wide tabs on the seam weld where they are intended to mount to. But there is plenty of width to center a 5/16" bolt in a 3/8" hole once you trim the bars a little.

It's a little tough to drill because of the multi-layer metal thickness and you need to adjust the bar position as needed to miss the spot welds. I clamped a piece of scrap wood to the underside of the lip so when I drilled through so I wouldn't scuff up the fire wall below when it broke through.

Last edited:
They are the factory '74-'76 Dart/Duster fender braces.

I had to trim the passenger side end a little where it mounts to the firewall since the earlier firewalls don't have the wide tabs on the seam weld where they are intended to mount to. But there is plenty of width to center a 5/16" bolt in a 3/8" hole once you trim the bars a little.

It's a little tough to drill because of the multi-layer metal thickness and you need to adjust the bar position as needed to miss the spot welds. I clamped a piece of scrap wood to the underside of the lip so when I drilled through I wouldn't scuff up the fire wall below when it broke through.
Looks good. Any idea if it helps handling?

Looks good. Any idea if it helps handling?
When I did them 30 years ago on my '69 Dart GT, it made a definite improvement especially on the highway. It made the car much tighter. I did it again on my '70 Duster a couple of years later with similar results.

I haven't driven the GTS with these yet but I will take her on a nice long cruise tomorrow afternoon and let you know!

When I did them 30 years ago on my '69 Dart GT, it made a definite improvement especially on the highway. It made the car much tighter. I did it again on my '70 Duster a couple of years later with similar results.

I haven't driven the GTS with these yet but I will take her on a nice long cruise tomorrow afternoon and let you know!
Waiting. curious.

-
Back