Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning Rani, this might help.

For other uses, see hop (disambiguation).

Hop flower in a hop yard in the Hallertau, Germany
Hops are the female flowers (also called seed cones or strobiles) of the hop plant, Humulus lupulus.[1] They are used primarily as a flavoring and stability agent in beer, to which they impart a bitter, tangy flavor, though hops are also used for various purposes in other beverages and herbal medicine.

In the Middle Ages, beers tended to be of a very low alcohol content (small beer). In Europe, many villages had one or more small breweries with a barley field and a hop garden in close vicinity.[citation needed] Early documents include mention of a hop garden in the will of Charlemagne's father, Pepin III.[2][3] However, the first documented use of hops in beer is from the 9th century, though Hildegard of Bingen, 300 years later, is often cited as the earliest documented source.[4] Before this period, brewers used a wide variety of bitter herbs and flowers, including dandelion, burdock root, marigold, horehound (the German name for horehound means "mountain hops"), ground ivy, and heather.[5]

Hops are used extensively in brewing for their antibacterial effect that favors the activity of brewer's yeast over less desirable microorganisms and for many purported benefits, including balancing the sweetness of the malt with bitterness, contributing a variety of desirable flavors and aromas.[citation needed] Historically, traditional herb combinations for beers were believed to have been abandoned when beers made with hops were noticed to be less prone to spoilage.[6]

The hop plant is a vigorous, climbing, herbaceous perennial, usually trained to grow up strings in a field called a hopfield, hop garden (nomenclature in the South of England), or hop yard (in the West Country and U.S.) when grown commercially. Many different varieties of hops are grown by farmers around the world, with different types being used for particular styles of beer.

Here is a picture. It is also used in a tea for morning sickness, nausea and a calming affect tea. I sell a lot of it for those symptoms..

Attachments

• hops1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 83
Lots of uses for it. Your up early or late today!

earth is so beautiful ....the wonders that come from nature are so much more than anything human made will ever be.

To think that this earth is truly our gift and such a nice one.....to be able to marvel at it and think of the small things is truly an awesome feeling.

yes .....my timing is off these days ...I cant stick around here but just popped in to say hi hello.

this week flew by, already the day after Friday.....wasn't it just Monday

earth is so beautiful ....the wonders that come from nature are so much more than anything human made will ever be.

Ever use neem oil? It is a great bug repellant, skin oil etc. I have been using it for the last five years on the field for insect control and swear by it. Good on the dogs and cats also.

Ever use neem oil? It is a great bug repellant, skin oil etc. I have been using it for the last five years on the field for insect control and swear by it. Good on the dogs and cats also.

I have seen it but not in the U.S. I use Avon insect repellent ....Avon sells some good stuff but probably chemical ......the neem oil is probably better on the long run :???:

You get it in a nursery supply store or a decent hardware store. Great stuff. It is derived from the Neem tree mostly from India.

I used to use avons skinn so soft for a repellant, but it caused sunburns on me. Like cooking a pork rind! LOL

might be back later but if not have a good day and good second day after Friday and I will catch up with you all later.

Same here men and Ladies, one cup down and heading for another :coffee2:

Good morning all my coffee friends I enjoyed all week !! Thought I better say good morning .

Morning group. I am setting in the ER with Mom. She fell and broke her hip. She broke the other one a few months ago. It's hell to get old.

I have the armrests ready to go to you. I will get them to the post office.

Mornin Mike. Someone on here said it best...getting old isn't for sissy's!

Hey there Memike
:cheers: Hay there ? hum, forgot your name :D

Morning group. I am setting in the ER with Mom. She fell and broke her hip. She broke the other one a few months ago. It's hell to get old.

Oh man, is she doing ok ? My friend just up the road said his sister feel getting off there 1010 JD tractor while I was gone up to Mopars in the park and broke hers as well Mike, stay strong for her brother :glasses7:

I have the armrests ready to go to you. I will get them to the post office.
Shut man I forgot all about them Allot going on in the last few weeks as you know :D

Mornin Mike. Someone on here said it best...getting old isn't for sissy's!
Yep, and getting older is better than the alterative for sure :color:

I know. You have been busy. I think it is great to see you have a good time like that and you share it here.

-
Back