Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
IDK - you tell me what he's up to...
serial-killer-santa.png

exactly - denser than a regular bread though - a little bit of an acquired taste - I would think you would like it
It's a dense moist dark bread with a deep rich molasses flavor...that comes in a can! It's also really popular with campers and survivalists since it stays fresh until you open it and has a 2-3 year shelf life. You open the top and bottom of the can and push it out with a spoon and then slice into about 7-8 slices per 'loaf'.

Brown Bread.jpg

It's a dense moist dark bread with a deep rich molasses flavor...that comes in a can! It's also really popular with campers and survivalists since it stays fresh until you open it and has a 2-3 year shelf life. You open the top and bottom of the can and push it out with a spoon and then slice into about 7-8 slices per 'loaf'.

View attachment 1714998226
Where do you get it?

View attachment 1714998226
Looks yummy. I have seen it at the commissary have to get some to try out.

Where do you get it?
I bought a case of 12 cans from Amazon for $34. With a 2 year shelf life, it was a no-brainer to grab a case. It's hard to find is stores around here and it's hit or miss when they might have it.

A case of Brown Bread and a couple of dozen cans of baked beans and you are set for Winter! Let it snow!

Dave - to me that bread is always served warm/hot - you?
Absolutely! I either heat it up in foil in the oven or toast it. It's 'ok' at room temp but when it warm/hot/toasted the flavor comes alive...and the butter melts on it!

pan fry - toaster oven, it would probably fall apart in a toaster
I do it in a regular toaster ok. It's just a little hard to get out of the slot since it's a small diameter. Better in the toaster oven.

I bought a case of 12 cans from Amazon for $34. With a 2 year shelf life, it was a no-brainer to grab a case. It's hard to find is stores around here and it's hit or miss when they might have it.

A case of Brown Bread and a couple of dozen cans of baked beans and you are set for Winter! Let it snow!
I don't want to buy a case and not like it.

-
Back