Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Pahoa was not far from me did you check out the "hemp"Museum and did it seem like a time travel to the 60's?
It takes a while for the locals to accept you but once they do you become OHANA.

No, dang, I like museums. We stayed about 12 miles from Pahoa down by the coast not far from a yoga retreat place which is where we had thanksgiving dinner. It was a gay bed and breakfast. The ironic thing was, the other guests were sooo boring...usually in those places, everyone jokes around and someone is flamboyant but these guys just talked about the news, immigration, property values, I was like, for God sakes, be gay! My friend and I did a lot of driving around, we had fun, and yes Pahoa felt like going back to the '60's.

of course I was only 6 maybe 7 but I still remember moving stateside after being in Hawaii and thinking it was so weird to see people in shoes.. it was bare feet or flip flops there
Took a while to wear socks again, Had to take a refresher course on shoe laces. Went from there to NY in May and had the fireplace running full tilt then the Sue the ***** next store called the cops and complained about the smell, they laughed when we told them we just moved there from Hawaii!

No, dang, I like museums. We stayed about 12 miles from Pahoa down by the coast not far from a yoga retreat place which is where we had thanksgiving dinner. It was a gay bed and breakfast. The ironic thing was, the other guests were sooo boring...usually in those places, everyone jokes around and someone is flamboyant but these guys just talked about the news, immigration, property values, I was like, for God sakes, be gay! My friend and I did a lot of driving around, we had fun, and yes Pahoa felt like going back to the '60's.

Do the hot springs before it got lava over it?
I think I know of the place you were at, My brother in law and his husband stayed there also.

Yes we did the hot springs, I did not know it got lava over it. I guess a big area was affected then.

I was close, 23 miles to the PO and 7 down a dirt road till pavement. Did have solar, catchment water and a methane "inverter" for the stove.

-
Back