Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sorry I have not been here to help much this morning. But...I posted around 7:30AM yesterday that we needed about 240 posts per day. In 25.5 hours since then - we added over 465 posts. :thumbsup:

wonder what satin black looks like on a 64 polara

Cancer Sucks
Lost a friend this week. John was 60, just retired from the post office last year. Great guy. Was our Treasurer at York Stamp Club for many years.
He was in the hospital since just after Thanksgiving for 'severe dehydration' and was supposed to be going to rehab last I heard. Just got word yesterday that he was diagnosed with stomach cancer Monday and died later that day.

Cancer Sucks
Lost a friend this week. John was 60, just retired from the post office last year. Great guy. Was our Treasurer at York Stamp Club for many years.
He was in the hospital since just after Thanksgiving for 'severe dehydration' and was supposed to be going to rehab last I heard. Just got word yesterday that he was diagnosed with stomach cancer Monday and died later that day.
wow, that is truly sad. sorry for your loss

Cancer Sucks
man huh? I came in today to find an email about one of our Engineers having passed away - only 62..

Late Breakfast for me...Had to go to the Grocery Store... Fried Hamsteak and Fried Potatos and Eggs... And Manderine....:lol:

man huh? I came in today to find an email about one of our Engineers having passed away - only 62..
We were not 'close', but I have known him several years. Don't think anyone saw it coming. I think this has me shook up more than losing my Dad or even my brother. My brother was only 53, but had more wrong than right physically. We were surprised he lasted as long as he did. But when you see someone go like this it makes you say :wtf:...

We were not 'close', but I have known him several years. Don't think anyone saw it coming. I think this has me shook up more than losing my Dad or even my brother. My brother was only 53, but had more wrong than right physically. We were surprised he lasted as long as he did. But when you see someone go like this it makes you say :wtf:...
this guy was a good **** (unlike some of the Engineers here) - down to earth and pretty easy going.. sad to hear he passed. He had some things going on physically but I am still more than a little surprised by his passing..

Not really kind of needed the money, I was of all things picking banana's and taking care of part of a field, Actually it was a great job mindless and off the books, Marilyn was running a private duty nursing agency and the house was paid for and off the grid. WHY THE F DID I LEAVE THERE?

I'm guessing Ray because you didn't want to be so far away from family, and isolated. I spent a week there about 5 years ago; a friend was thinking of retiring around there, but ended up in Palm Springs. I know there is a FABO member around Pahoa. It was beautiful for sure but somehow I couldn't picture myself feeling at home there. There wasn't really much of a community. I definitely felt like an outsider.

Pahoa was not far from me did you check out the "hemp"Museum and did it seem like a time travel to the 60's?
It takes a while for the locals to accept you but once they do you become OHANA.

of course I was only 6 maybe 7 but I still remember moving stateside after being in Hawaii and thinking it was so weird to see people in shoes.. it was bare feet or flip flops there

-
Back